Tuesday 6 December 2022

Retro Rubber Challenge #197 - Guest DT spot


Hi everyone, today I'm delighted to say that I was asked to be a Guest Designer on Retro Rubber Challenge - the challenge that ❤️‘s old stamps!!

For this fortnightly challenge we have a fab inspiration picture for you.


Here's what I made.


I don't have any stamps of winter beverages or candy canes, so I decided to go with the holly, berries, pinecones, and the word "Believe" - as luck would have it I have a stamp in my stash in an almost identical font!!

I stamped a circle of pinecones, holly, cedar, berries and Pipin the hare directly onto a kraft card blank using my stamping platform and 1st/2nd generation stamping for the holly. I stamped my "Believe" sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed with white tinsel embossing powder, then the Christmas words in black ... I had to do some masking as the "believe" sentiment actually says "Believe in the Magic of Your Dreams". I stamped my lanterns and created the light + halo with a Posca sparkle pen, then finished by highlighting the pinecones and Pipin with white Posca pen, and the holly with Sakura sparkle pens. 

The idea of Retro Rubber challenge is to use stamps more than a year old and to say how old they are ... all the stamps on this card are just over a year old (bought for Christmas cards in 2021) apart from the Cedar (brown heads and berries) and small lanterns.

Stamps: Lavinia Mini Pine Cone, Mini Holly, Cedar, Pipin Mini, Small Lanterns; Crafter's Companion Enchanted Dreams (white sentiment); Uniko Festive Sentiments (black words);
Media: Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Pinecone, Shady Lane, Tulip Red); Versafine (Vintag Sepia); Posca sparkle pen (yellow); Posca pen (white); Sakura Stardust pens (red, clear).

Challenges I would like to enter:

The Card Concept #185 - Christmas Greetings + Inspiration Photo
(I was inspired by the wreath and the colour scheme)
Country View Challenges (December) - Christmas (2nd entry)
Little Red Wagon #682 - Glitz, Glitter, Gleam, Glow! (2nd entry) - FEATURED
Sheepski #69 - ‘Tis the Season
Simon Says (Monday) - Holiday Cheer
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Winter Wonderland (December) - Anything Christmas Goes

I'd like to thank Jane at RRCB for asking me to do this GDT spot, and I hope you can join us this fortnight. Don't forget to visit the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog to see more fab inspiration from the regular team.
Hugs,

10 comments:

brenda said...

Now that fooled me Pauline, when I read old stamps I really expected to scroll down and find PB, how wrong I was. A lovely Christmas wreath all the same.

B x

Sarn said...

Gorgeous festive wreath and lit up lanterns for Pipin to look at. Sweet Kraft card xxx

Sue said...

This is beautiful Pauline, I love your colour palate! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Lost Coast Designs and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Pauline, your wreath looks fabulous.
Lorraine x

JanR said...

Fantastic card! The stamping is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! How very beautiful Pauline, I love the wreath and the little bunny and lights. Just gorgeous.
Faith x

Karen Letchworth said...

This is beautiful, Pauline. It's so festive and heartwarming. Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept. We're very grateful to have you play along and we hope that you'll stop by again soon. Your art is lovely.
Blessings,
Karen L, DT
The Card Concept

Esther Asbury said...

Wreath cards are some of my favorites, and I'm so happy you linked yours up to The Card Concept challenge! Thanks for playing along!

Laurie said...

This is really special. I love how you have made such a beautiful wreath and love the sentiment. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Karen K said...

Such a beautiful wreath Pauline :)Love the different colors of the holly and the pinecones. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concepts. Karen (DT)