Thursday 30 June 2022

Bella & Butterfly


hi everyone, yesterday I needed to do some DT work, so when I had finished I decided to make a li’l ATC while I had got my supplies out on the table. When I started making ATC’s back in April I had a ruffle through my stamp boxes and identified a few that I thought would be particularly suitable for that format. This was one that stood out as its size is just about perfect. 😀

Up to now I have tried to achieve an "arty" look with my ATC's, so this one is a bit of a departure ... the image is so cute!!


I stamped my image and then cut the card to slightly smaller than standard ATC size. I coloured the image with Promarkers and then created a “mottled sky” effect by lifting some ink with rubbing alcohol and a cotton bud. I attached a sentiment sticker, matted my image panel onto a snippet of pink linen card stock and finished with Glossy Accents highlights on the butterfly wings and flowers.

Stamps: Wild Rose Studio “Bella & Butterfly”;
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers; Glossy Accents highlights;
Tools: Tim Holtz “Small Talk” sticker.

Challenges I would like to enter: 

A Gem Of a Challenge #13 2022 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
A Tiny Craft #10 - All Things Tim (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Snippets Playground #431 - Anything Goes Using Snippets
Time Out #217 - Be Kind

An exciting (!) day of household chores ahead today … roll on the weekend! Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

7 comments:

Polkadoodles said...

Fabulous card, thanks so much for joining us at Gem of A Challenge! Don't forget to enter the Polkadoodles & DIgi Choosday challenges too! x

Sarn said...

Awww! This is really cute Pauline. LOVE that sweet elephant. Great little ATC - their small size is perfect for using up snippets.

Plenty of Sarngria left if you fancy a trip to the Treehouse! xxx

Shauna said...

What a fun card! I love the cute cute image and the sentiment is so encouraging. Thanks for joining us at Time Out!
- Shauna

Di said...

What a sweet card Pauline! Adorable image and lovely colouring. Great tip about lifting some of the blue background using alcohol on a cotton bud!

Hugs

Di xx

Jane Savage said...

Gorgeous ATC!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Donna said...

Soooooo super cute!!!!
Thanks for playing along with the All Things Tim Holtz challenge with A Tiny Craft {ATC}

Nancy said...

This is so super adorable... and your colouring is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out Challenges!