Monday 20 June 2022

Find Joy ... and Live Gently


Hi there, today I would like to share a couple of projects I made with a set of AALL & Create stamps I recently bought from the FB UK Stampers Forum Craft De-Stash site. I had really fancied these stamps but had resisted as they are so expensive and I've bought loads recently already;  but I got them here for just over half price, and they have only been used once!  I love the arty look of these stamps, and was very surprised by how HUGE they are!

So firstly ... a card ..


I stamped my main focal image using Versafine Clair then heat embossed with clear EP. I then created a smoosh background with Distress oxide inks by applying them wet to the image with acetate, concentrating particularly on the printed circle areas. I then added more interest by stencilling some more DO to the top left and bottom right hand sides, then coloured my butterfly using Posca sparkle pens watered down slightly and applied with a paintbrush.  I stamped my "Butterfly" text with DO, and added a Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker sentiment, then matted simply with a black linen border.

here is an angled pic to show the sparkle on the butterfly wings.


Stamps: AALL & Create #449 - Through the Meadows;
Media: background - Tim Holtz Distress oxide inks (Salvaged Patina, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers); Versafine Clair (Nocturne); Posca sparkle pens (yellow, light blue);
Tools: stencil - Tim Holtz "Dot Fade"; TIm Holtz "Small Talk" stickers.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafty Calendar (June) - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Double Trouble #114 - YouNique Technique
(I have created my background using inky smooshing and stencilling)
Elliebelle's Crafty Wednesday (June) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Let's Craft and Create #184 - Anything Goes with option Penny For Your Thoughts - TOP 3
Make My Monday #177 - Colouring - Any Medium
Path of Positivity #102 - Anything Goes Positive (2nd entry) - DT DELIGHT
Simon Says (Monday) - Something Beginning With "S"
(stencil and Small Talk Stickers)
Try It On Tuesday - Recycle It
(the stamp set is recycled ie. pre-loved)
We Love Stamping (June) - Anything Stamped  (2nd entry)

While I had my supplies out on the table I also made a co-ordinating ATC, as it occurred to me that one portion of the stamp would just sit perfectly on an ATC size piece of card - I entitled this one "Live Gently Upon This Earth", as I thought the TH sticker sentiment was just so apt with the butterfly image.


I followed the same techniques and used the same supplies as the card.

Challenges I would like to enter:

A Tiny Craft #10 - All Things Tim
Mixed Media Lovers #14 - Anything Mixed Media Goes - TOP 3
Simon Says (Wednesday) Add a Sentiment (3rd entry) 
Sparkles Forum #153 - Things With Wings (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #547/548 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

That's my lot for today ... thanks for visiting and take care.
Hugs,

22 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a beautiful and delicate creation Pauline. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxxx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and stamps-love the ATC too- a bargain
Carol x

Chris said...

Fantastic card- beautiful stamping and lovely colours. Thank you for playing along with our ‘anything goes’ challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
Chris
X

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous recycling story! I love your card and ATC. Great colour choice. Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Suzanne Reynolds said...

The layout of your many stamps against the distressed oxide inked background is excellent, and love that you embossed some of the stamps as well... very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Your background is amazing! Love the colors and the way the embossing shines, great! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Sarn said...

Both the card and ATC are beautiful. Must try out that acetate smooshing technique! It’s always great to get a bargain stamp set as well xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Well done on getting a bargain with those stamps, they are fab!
Lovely card and matching ATC too, your backgrounds are tremendous.
Lorraine

ScrappyHorses said...

Wow, what a great card using the beautiful stamp! The background is gorgeous and the sentiment perfect! So happy you shared this piece of art with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely card and ATC, great use of your new stamps! Love the touch of sparkling on the butterfly.
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

Ellibelle said...

These stamps really are stunning, Pauline! Loving both of your creations here, these colors are so pretty and love how you created the backgrounds! Really beautiful and how wonderful that you found the stamps at a resale site for less!!
So nice to see you again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge! Thank you for joining in!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful mixed media! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

Creaine said...

So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Rika said...

Beautiful card & ATC!

Helma said...

Heel mooi. Fijn dat je meedoet aan de challenge van Mixed Media Lovers. Groetjes Helma DT

Meggymay said...

Fantastic art pieces and a great way to recycle and add more stamps to your stash. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning effect and shading, love the colour mix you used.
Faith x

marlies said...

Prachtige creatie heb je gemaakt! Zo fijn dat je meedoet met de Mixed Media Lovers!!
Marlies, DT

Donna said...

Gorgeous!!!!
Love it!
Thanks for playing along with us at A Tiny Craft {ATC}

Tone K. said...

Great card! I love the embossing...stunning :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Let`s Craft and Create :)

Jane Savage said...

Amazing stamping!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Dawn Phillips said...

I find this type of card so hard to do. You've got it so right. It's lovely. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x