Thursday 16 June 2022

Jubilations!


Hi there, today I would like to share a set of 3 ATC's I have made for the FB UK Stampers Forum monthly swap, where the theme is "Celebrate".  Many of the participants have made ATC's that are  themed around the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebration, so I thought I would join in as I found some suitable supplies in my stash - so if not now, when??

I was actually away over the Jubilee weekend so didn't have time to make these before then, but I am still well within time for the monthly swap, so here they are!


I found an old paper pad which included some funky Union Jack papers, including some small die cuts. They were actually shaped, so I squared them off and used them as the basis of the design. I matted each Union Jack onto a co-ordinating piece of paper cut slightly smaller than standard ATC size, them matted again onto standard ATC size blue card. I hand cut triangles from glitter card and attached them to form the strings of bunting, and die cut the E II R letters from silver mirri card to represent the platinum in Platinum Jubilee. I stamped my sentiment onto another co-ordinating paper from the pad, edged with blue Promarker and attached. Finally I finished off with a silver "70" sticker and a sparkly silver heart on each card.

These may look quite simple but actually they were really fiddly and took me best part of three hours!  I was pretty pleased though with how they turned out, and after all this is a one-off as there will obviously never be another Platinum jubilee in our lifetimes (if ever!).   Here's a closer look at each ATC:

1/3

2/3

3/3

Stamps: sentiment - Uniko "Birthday Sentiments";
Media: Versafine (Majestic Blue);
Papers: Papermania "Portobello Road";
Tools: die cut letters - Tatttered lace "Alphabet Retro";
stickers and gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Cards4galz #175 - Die Cuts and/or Punches
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper (June) - Anything Goes With Patterned Paper
Creative Moments #235 - Red, White and Blue
Fab ‘n’ Funky #553 - Celebrations - TOP 3
Get Creative #112 - At Least 2 Patterned Papers
Penny's Challenge #523 - Anything Goes Using Paper
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Add A Sentiment
Sweet Stampin' - 3 Of a Kind
Taylormadecards4u (June) - Red, White and Blue (2nd entry)

That's me done for today ... hope you are all having a good week and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

9 comments:

Haven_mom4 said...

What lovely ATC's. Thank you for sharing your celebratory creations with us at Use Your Stuff

Sarn said...

LOVE these commemorative ATCs Pauline. Three hours well spent I'd say! xxx

Pamela said...

love the die cut you used to really make your card pop and the colors are awesome, reminds me of 4th of July here in the US! Thank you for playing with us at C4Galz

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous ATCs perfect papers and love the sparkly bunting
Carol x

cardsbyleona said...

I love the patriotism! thank you for sharing in the Red, white and blue challenge at Creative Moments.

leona

Debbie said...

These are wonderful!! And it's been a great celebration of the queen!
Thanks for playing along this week at Cardz 4 Galz
Debbie - C4G DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Furrbster said...

These are brilliant - what a fab idea!

Thanks for playing our twist at Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz

samanthadesigns said...

These are all lovely. Thanks for joining Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a great way to Celebrate the Jubilee, they are really effective and beautiful too
Faith x