Sunday 12 June 2022

Red, White and Blue


Hi everyone,

Today I would like to share an ATC I made for a swap in the Visible Image FB group, and a card I made to go with it when I sent it to my swap partner.  This month’s swap theme is red, white and blue, and you can only use VI stamps, stencils and dies. Most people seem to have made jubilee themed ATC’s but I only owned 3 VI stamp sets (though 2 more have now arrived that I bought in the jubilee sale! 😀) so I went down a different route .. I actually made 2 ATC’s while I was in the swing of it so I would have a spare for trading, and I have managed to trade it already!

First the card …


I created a smooshed background with Distress Oxide inks using acetate to splatter them around; then I did two separate lots of background stamping - one in blue Versafine, and the other in Versamark embossed with detail white embossing powder. I stamped the large butterfly onto separate card with blue Versafine and heat embossed with clear EP, then coloured the wings with watered down Posca sparkle pens in red, light blue and dark blue before fussy cutting out. I created my die cut with pearlescent white card and adhered it to the inked panel, then attached my butterfly and edged the panel with blue Promarker, matted onto a large snippet of pearlescent red card, and attached to my card base. I finished off with a stamped and heat embossed sentiment highlighted with a teeny red heart gem,

This really is a very sparkly card, which shows up better in the following pic.


Then the ATC’s, which I have entitled “Red, White & Blue”.


These pretty much followed the same method as the card but in miniature, using the teeny butterfly in the stamp set instead of the large one. Here’s a closeup of the individual ATC’s

1/2 (for VI monthly swap)

2/2 (traded separately)

Stamps: all stamps from Visible Image set - Butterfly Effect;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean); Versafine (Majestic Blue); Versamark; clear and detail white embossing powders; Posca sparkle pens (red, light blue, dark blue);
Tools: Visible Image die - Broken Mesh.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafty Calendar (June) - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers: Dies (June) - Anything Goes with Dies
NBUS #39 - Use Your Never Before Used Schtuff
(Mine is the large and small butterfly and sentiment stamps, plus the blue Posca pens)
Simon Says (Monday) - Bright and Cheerful
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Bright and Cheerful
Snippets Playground #430 - Anything Goes With Snippets
(my ATC stamping card and the red pearlescent card on both)
(I don't have any sea or sea creature themed supplies, but I have followed the alternative suggestion of using techniques including water - smooshing of Distress oxide inks using acetate, and painting with watered down Posca sparkle pens)
Taylormadecards4u (June) - Red, White and Blue
Word Art Wednesday #547/548 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend - take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,


11 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous ATCs love the backgrounds and beautiful butterflies
Carol x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Beautiful ATC's and matching card Pauline. ATC's are rather addictive aren't they?
Lorraine

Kathyk said...

These are simply beautiful Pauline

Kathyk

Sarn said...

Absolutely fabulous butted card and matching ATCs. Lots of lovely inking and sparkles.
Hope enjoyed the toasted crumpets in the Treehouse Breakfast Club this morning xxx

Sue said...

Beautiful card and ATC's thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x

Di said...

Lovely card and ATCs Pauline! Beautiful colours you used too. Very pretty.

Hugs

Di xx

Mervi said...

Fabulous set of cards, love the colours.

Pat said...

A gorgeous card Pauline and I love the blue DI smooshed background with the added blue stamping and white heat embossing, and the wonderful large butterfly looks terrific, also the mesh die cut looks great. The ATC's being mini versions of the card work brilliantly too. Thank you so much for joining us at the NBUS Challenge this month. x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love your background and fab butterfly

Darnell said...

Your butterfly card and matching ATCs are stunning, Pauline! I love the coloring and the smooching and the amazing schparkle and texture you achieved! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Kate Deignan said...

Beautiful background! Thanks for entering the stay crafty challenge!