Thursday 1 August 2024

Double Trouble #172 Guest Designer - Partnering with If You Give a Crafter a Cookie.


Hi everyone, I was thrilled to be asked to be a “Crazy Cousin” (aka Guest Designer) for Double Trouble Challenge for the month of August. I even have my own personalised “Crazy Cousin” clip art created for me by the lovely Suzanne … how cool is that?


So here I am with my first Crazy Cousin make for Double Trouble Challenge #172 which runs until August 15th, partnering with If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge.

Let the Troubles begin!


Full details of all the “Things” and inspiration from the Design team can be found over on the Double Trouble blog, where you can also link up your entries.

In brief, to join in, simply:

1. Follow the theme of Thing 1 Trouble Maker: What Makes You Happy

2.  You can stop there, OR you can also play along with Thing 3 Twisted Sister Optional Twist: Include a Smile to earn another chance in the random draw

3. Double Dare: If you have made a Happy card (whether or not you have included a smile) you are eligible to enter your project over at the  If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge #195 - Be Happy … and earn another chance in the Double Trouble random draw. 

Note:  If You Give a Crafter a Cookie #195 is open until the end of August, but partnering with Double Trouble ends on August 15th. 

Here’s my card for the challenge.


I went a bit off piste with this one, as I think the adorable vintage PB stamp “Snowy” is possibly the only one I have that includes a smile. I really thought he was suitable for this challenge though, as he fills my heart with joy… and I also reflected the idea of joy with the sentiment. I read somewhere that Snowy is Penny Black’s best ever selling stamp and I think it’s easy to see why … just look at his adorable smiling face!

I stamped Snowy onto Neenah Crest stamping card and coloured him with Promarkers, then die cut him out with a deckle edge rectangle die,  edged the piece with blended Elements ink, and stamped some snowflakes in the top corner with various pastel shades of Versafine Clair.  I layered up some gorgeous but very old designer papers on a 6” square card and attached the image panel slightly off centre. I die cut two snowflake corners from pearlised white card and attached, then stamped, cut out and attached the sentiment.  Finally I decorated Snowy’s hat and the ground with Stickles to add sparkle, and added a few iridescent gems to the centres of the stamped snowflakes.

Stamps: Penny Black Snowy (2521K), Joy, Hope (3898F); Lavinia Snowflakes, Snowflakes Large;
Media: Memento ink (Tuxedo Black); Versafine Clair (Arctic, Very Peri, Hawthorn Rose, Lilac Bloom, Medieval Blue); Promarkers; Lavinia Elements ink (Della Blue); Stickles (Stardust); Posca pen (white);
Papers: LotV Frozen Snowflakes; Crafter’s Companion Ombré Glitter card;
Tools: Memory Box Snowflake Corner die; unbranded deckle rectangle die.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Dragonfly Dreams (July) - Christmas in July (2nd entry)
Dream Valley #319 - Christmas In July
FarmQuest Country Christmas #10 - Anything Goes Outdoors Christmas (2nd entry)
I ❤️ Promarkers #563 - Anything Goes - WINNER
(I was inspired by the smile)
Little Red Wagon #767 - Christmas In July
Peace On Earth #68 - Anything Christmas Goes (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes

Looking forward to seeing your makes. Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

20 comments:

Glittertastic said...

My favourite Penny Black image! This is a lovely card using a pretty 'icy' colour scheme.
Thank you for sharing your card in our challenge at Dream Valley.
Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!

Melanie R said...

Wow, Pauline! Your card is lovely. The colors, texture, and other special touches surrounding your happy snowman are delightful. Thank you for joining in as our Crazy Cousin at Double Trouble.

Melanie Hungerford said...

A classic snowman image, love love love it with the blue/purples! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble this month!

Aquarius said...

Such a gorgeous card featuring this happy PB snowman - I can see why he's been a favourite over the years.

Becca S said...

What a great idea for a smiling snowman face to be your 'happy' thought! Your snowy scene setting had me mesmerized looking for all the details and picking apart your card as I read your description processes!!! This was a very good thing! Fabulous outdoorsy Christmas card! Thanks for sharing at FQCCCB! --Becca

Spyder said...

My favourite Snowman!

Taty said...

the card is beautiful, the snowman is wonderful and the background made of snowflakes is magical, it feels like diving into the snow. Thanks for joining the Dream Valley Challenge Taty x DT

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the smiling snowman! Your colours are gorgeous and I love the corner dies as well. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble as the Crazy Cousin!

Kellianne said...

What a cute little snowman indeed!! And I love all the snowflakes and the filigree corners. Fabulous colors too! So glad you could be the Crazy Cousin with Double Trouble this time around :)

Sarn said...

This is a totally adorable Christmas card featuring the wonderful Snowy stamp by Penny Black, plus some gorgeous papers.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Wow, Pauline. Your card is adorable and beautiful... love the colors and background and all the sparkles and of course who couldn't smile back at the snowman. Awesome card. Thanks for being our August Crazy Cousin, can't wait to see your next project.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Pauline, he is standing proud and happy to be on this wonderful and beautiful card. Gorgeous paper and design, love the sentiment too. x

Imke said...

Snowmen are always great for christmas cards !

Thanks for joining us @ Little Red Wagon this week. Good luck in the draw and i hope to see you back again soon.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Your card is great Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly dreams

Zo een leuke kaart, tof gedaan. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Dagronfly dreams
Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
Challenge blogs:
Girlz Creative Christmas 
Girlz makes Guyz Cards
Girlz creative crafts
Creative sketchy girls
Girlz Rebel Challenge
Girlz Creative Fun Art of Scrap

Donna Scholz said...

Pauline, thank you for being our "Crazy Cousin" this month! Your car dis so GORGEOUS! I love how you used the shades of blue and purple for both the snowman and the background paper!! Lovely layering and connecting all the elements with snowflakes on all the layers. -Donna

Ellibelle said...

I'm sorry I haven't been the best blogger and just now am visiting this post. Snowy was a perfect choice for the challenge and I love the whole design around him along with these gorgeous colors. Congrats on being a Crazy Cousin at Double Trouble, how fun!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow! I love the gorgeous colour scheme! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at PBSC:)

HilaryJane said...

Congrats on your DT spot. You are right about that snowman stamp. He really is so happy, you just have to smile. Love how you have used those papers and added detail. It all hangs together perfectly xx

Deanne Saunders said...

So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Deanne Saunders said...

...and thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!!