Friday 30 August 2024

Double Trouble challenge #174 Guest Designer - partnering with Festive Friday


Hi everyone, today I’m back for my third and final challenge as a “Crazy Cousin” for the new Double Trouble Challenge #174 which runs until Sunday September 15th, partnering with Festive Friday.


Let the Troubles begin!


Full details of all the “Things” and inspiration from the Design team can be found over on the Double Trouble blog, where you can also link up your entries.

In brief, to join in, simply:

1. Follow the theme of Thing 1 Trouble Maker: “Scrapper’s Fruity GORP Recipe” - use your favourite fruit(s) within a fruity colour mix.

2.  You can stop there, OR you can also play along with Thing 3 Twisted Sister Optional Twist: Use at least 1 more element from the Festive Friday inspo list  to earn another chance in the Double Trouble random draw.

3. Double Dare: If you have included both of the above steps you are eligible to enter your project over at the Festive Friday #167 - Harvestto earn another chance in the Double Trouble random draw.

Here’s my card for the challenge.


I have to confess I didn’t have a single fruity stamp or die in my stash, so I bought a cheap stamp set on Amazon which contained some quite pretty vintage-style fruit images.

I stamped the image onto a snippet of white card using Portobello Versafine Clair which I think gives a nice vintage look, and coloured using watered down Elements inks. I then masked the lemons and created a more vintage background for the image by smooshing Old Paper and Speckled Egg Distress Oxides, then cut it out and distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz distressing tool. I cut a snippet of green gingham paper to fit a 7” x 5” card blank, distressed the edges and attached with some jute ribbon and twine, then matted the image popped up on foam tape. I stamped the sentiment onto a snippet of kraft card and cut out into a small tag shape, distressed the edges and tied to the twine with a bow. Finally I added some torn washi tape and pearls.

Stamps: Unbranded lemons stamp from Amazon; sentiment - AALL & Create;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Old Paper, Speckled Egg); Lavinia Elements inks (Sundance, Russet Orange, Olive); Versafine Clair (Portobello);
Other: Washi tape from The Range; pearls, jute ribbon and twine from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafts Galore Encore #126 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Creative Knockouts #529 - Anything Goes
Creative Moments #261 - Patterned Paper (2nd entry)
Festive Friday #167 - Harvest Inspo List - DT FAVOURITE
(I have chosen gingham and twine)
Inspiration Station #64 - Inspiration Photo
(I was inspired by the lemons)

Love Those Pretty Papers (August) - Use Designer Paper (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Snippets Playground #487 - Use Snippets

I look forward to seeing your makes. I’d also like to thank Suzanne and Melanie over at Double Trouble once again for having me as a Crazy Cousin Guest designer this month.
Hugs,

18 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your GDT spot Pauline, love the beautiful card and stamp set.
Carol x

Linby said...

Congrats on the GDT. This is a lovely shabby chic layout, so summery too.

Aquarius said...

The bright lemons look really good against the gingham background - lots of lovely details on this card

Sarn said...

What a lovely fresh looking card this is. Sort of collage style too and I’m always attracted to gingham for some reason!!!

Thanks for submitting homework to the Snippets Playground. See you at the swings xxx

Kellianne said...

Pauline, I absolutely LOVE this card!!!! I love the vintage image and what you designed with it! So perfect for our challenge at Double Trouble and I'm so glad you could be our Crazy Cousin :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Beautiful card, love the vintage look and the tool and ink distressing used on your checker panel... great image and beautiful card. Thanks again for being our August Crazy Cousin, your projects were perfect combining our requirement with our partnering optional twists. Thank you.

Alyson Mayo said...

Love that lemon image with the text - this is so sweet!

Melanie R said...

Oh, Pauline! This is just as beautiful as a card can be. The colors are lovely and I love the stamped image. Your recipient will be most happy to receive such a special card. Thank you for joining us as our August Crazy Cousin at Double Trouble Challenges.

Karen Letchworth said...

I love this, Pauline. Great textures and those lemons are lovely. What a fabulous card. Thanks SO much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's always greatly appreciated to have you play along with us.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love the style and design of your card, the way you used the washi tape is so unique and looks great! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Double Trouble as our Crazy Cousin!

Sari / Granne said...

Awesome card, great country vibes and delicious yellow lemons. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Di said...

What a beautiful card! I love the lemons theme. It reminds me of a beautiful garden tablecloth and napkins set bought for me when my cousin Alex lived and worked in France. He had great style and taste. So fresh and it sings of Summer - lovely work Pauline! Alex would have loved this!

Hugs
Di xx

Donna Walls said...

Fabulous stamped images and I like the vintage and distressed theme. Thanks for playing at The Inspiration Station Challenge. We hope you'll play again soon.
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenges
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Ellibelle said...

It's absolutely beautiful Pauline, love the vintage style!

Carol L said...

This is such a fun card with the lemon images and tiny tag. It's a beautiful combination of colors, design and texture with the twine!

Heather said...

This is so pretty and fresh!! Great layout and I love your distressed edges! Thanks for playing with Creative Moments Challenge.

Diane Evans said...

This is absolutely an amazing card. I just love all the texture. Thanks for playing along with us in the Festive Friday Challenge

Helen Jennings said...

I just love all the detail and texture in your card and it is great that you have been able to join us at the Festive Friday Challenge.