Thursday 12 May 2022

Magical Birthday


Hi peeps,

The week is flying by, and today I would like to share another card I have made with the Lavinia owl stamps I bought a couple of months ago specifically for making male birthday cards. It is not dissimilar to one I made a few weeks ago here, but with a few key differences...


This time I created my background by smooshing Distress Oxide inks on my craft mat, building up layers of lilac, purple and dark blue...this meant I could create a moon dappled with colour rather than mostly white as previously.  I created my moon using a mask and sponging both DO and Versafine Clair ink to give more definition, then sponged my hills using hill masks and more DO. I stamped my main branch, owls, large trees and foreground meadow plants using Nocturne VFC, then stamped further branches and meadow grass in purple and dark blue to give more depth. I coloured my flowers with Sakura stardust, purple and blue sparkle pens, liberally highlighted the scene with Sakura Stardust pen, sponged round the edges of the image panel with black DO, and applied streaks of white mist with a white pastel pencil. I matted the panel onto black card and then onto the card blank, stamped and placed my sentiment, and finished off with spatter dots of white Posca pen and a couple of teeny star gems. 

Here's the obligatory angled pic to show the sparkle more clearly ...


Stamps: Lavinia Brodwin and Maylin, Tree Branch, Forest Scene, Nigella Damascena, Field Grass; sentiment - Crafters Companion Magical Sentiments;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Wilted Violet, Villainous Potion, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Twilight); Versafine (Imperial Purple); Pastel Pencil (white); Sakura Sparkle pens (Blue, Purple, Stardust); white pastel pencil; white Posca pen.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Craft Rocket #92 - Birthday
Crafting Happiness #123 - Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar (May) - Anything Goes
Creatalicious #234 - Anything Goes
Day of the Month #39 - Love a Tree Day - WINNER
Double D - Birds/Nests/Bird Cages
Taylormadecards4u (May) - Masculine card

Yesterday I had several parcels of craft goodies delivered, which were things I had ordered for my birthday either with the approval of my dear husband, or arising from a friend's gift voucher; so I now have an embarrassment of riches including some new Lavinia, Visible Image and Woodware stamps, a fab new VI die, Tim Holtz stencil and some texture paste, so this afternoon is going to be playtime - woo hoo!!  Watch this space to see what I manage to come up with!!

Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

11 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love the background and all the silhouette stamps
Carol x

Sarn said...

Really great card Pauline. Totally awesome inking. Can’t wait to see what you make with your new goodies. Belated birthday wishes going your way xxx

Chris said...

A magical scene Pauline, it has a wonderful atmosphere,love the stamps and the colours. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month.
Chris
x

Barbara said...

You have created a magical background for this card and it is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge. Hope to see you again. Good luck!

Diane said...

Wow, what an awesome scene, beautifully done! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Francesca said...

Gorgeous card, love the background! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom

Kirsten M. said...

Großartig!!!!! Das ist ja eine Karte zum einrahmen:)))) Herzlichst Kirsten

papierelle said...

You have created a beautiful night scene. I like the many small details on your card. Glad you joined us at DotMCC. Gundi

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL background panel you have created and your overall design is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Birds’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
DOUBLE D CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there! You will find links to the other four challenge blogs we have on the sidebar of our blogs.

Jane Savage said...

What a gorgeous, atmospheric scene you've created... stunning!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Tone K. said...

Really beautiful and evocative :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)