Monday 30 May 2022

Bold Blooms


Good evening all,

Today I would like to share a card and co-ordinating ATC I made. I really wanted to make a card where I coloured with Promarkers so I could enter again into this week's Passion for Markers special 13th Birthday challenge - which meant it also needed to incorporate spots and/or stripes. I wasn't feeling massively inspired for some reason, but I had a play around and this is what I came up with.

First - a card ...


I cut a square of stamping card, and stamped my main flower image which I coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers and highlighted with white gel pen. I then masked the flower and sponged a two-colour background with Distress Oxides ink, then placed a stencil on top and sponged around the flower with black DO. I then removed the mask and did a little background 2nd generation stamping with my Lavinia wording stamp, and created some white spots in the corners with texture paste through another stencil. When everything was dry I cut out my image panel with a stitched square die, matted it onto a slightly larger stitched square, and matted again onto my base card which I had also cut into the stitched square shape. I added a sentiment and job done!

I'm not quite sure how I feel about the finished result ... it was my first time using texture paste and I smudged it a bit (I could just say it looks "rustic" - that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!). Also I think my honeycomb stencilling which was meant to make the flower "pop" has ended up looking a bit over done ... but hey, it's done now and it's all a learning process!!

Stamps: Woodware "Bold Blooms"; Lavinia "Keeping the Faith"; sentiment - Uniko "Simply Said Blocks II";
Media: Flower - Promarkers and Flexmarkers; background - Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron, Black Soot); Memento ink; Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Warm Breeze); Tim Holtz Distress Texture paste (matte); Sakura white gel pen; 
Tools: Darkroom Door stencil - Honeycomb; Crafters Companions stencil; stitched square dies from Amazon.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Addicted to Stamps and More #430 - Die Cuts and/or Stencils (2nd entry)
Alphabet Challenge - D is for Die Cuts
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge #21 2022 - Anything Goes With Colouring
Crafter's Cafe #285 - Spots and/or Stripes (2nd entry)
Dream Valley #271 - Summer Colours
Krafty Chicks #613 - All Occasions (2nd entry)
Mixed Media Lovers #13 - Anything Mixed Media (2nd entry) - TOP 3
NBUS #38 - Use Your Never Before Used Schtuff  (4th entry)
(I have never used texture paste before)
Passion For Markers #642 - Special Anniversary Challenge - Spots and/or Stripes

As mentioned above, I also made a co-ordinating ATC in parallel.


The Woodware stamps are a 2-stamp set; and for the ATC I used the smaller one which just fit! My method was exactly the same as for the card, except that I used a different stencil to create smaller white dots, and a different sentiment. I rounded the corners of the finished panel and matted onto standard ATC size black linen cardstock.

Stamps: Woodware "Bold Blooms"; Lavinia "Keeping the Faith"; sentiment - Woodware "Blooming";
Media: Flower - Promarkers and Flexmarkers; background - Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron, Black Soot); Memento ink; Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Warm Breeze); Tim Holtz Distress Texture Paste (matte); Sakura white gel pen; 
Tools: Darkroom Door stencil - Honeycomb; Tim Holtz stencil - Dot Fade; X-Cut corner rounder punch.

Challenges I would like to enter: 

A Gem of a Challenge #11 2022 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Crafty Catz #597 - Anything Goes
Creative Crafters #52 - Anything Goes - TOP 3
Path of Positivity #101 - Anything Positive Goes (3rd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (4th entry)
Snippets Playground #429 - Anything Goes With Snippets
(my little piece of stamping card and mat were both snippets!!)
Taylormadecards4u (May) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Use Your Stuff #449 - Anything Goes

That's all for today - hope you're all keeping well and enjoying your day. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

19 comments:

Chris said...

Stunning! Fabulous background, beautiful stamp and wonderful colours, I love it! Thanks for joining in at Crafty Catz.
Chris
x

Linda Mc Enery said...

Oh gosh, there isn't a single thing wrong with your project! It's absolutely stunning! Looks like you had so much fun creating this, and you picked a gorgeous colour combo. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

Aimeslee Winans said...

It didn't turn out as you envisioned, but to the rest of us it looks fabulous and as intended. We all do this and I'm constantly reminding myself of it. I enjoy what I make more, for sure! lol Beautiful make, xoxo

ScrappyHorses said...

This ATC is lovely with the wonderful layers of texture and color! Great print in the background; I'm always drawn to text in MM projects! So beautiful; thanks for sharing blooms with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Sarn said...

Well you've done it again haven't you? A beautiful inky and slightly mixed media card PLUS a fab matching ATC. LOVE that focal flower image and the colours you've used Pauline.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Meet me up in the Treehouse later to test out a few cocktail recipes! Or you can just delicately sip Prosecco if you want! LOL! Xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

It’s lovely, such bold colours

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

hele leuke kaart
bedankt voor het meedoen aan onze challenge
groetjes jolanda bongers
dt mixed media lovers

Ella's Design said...

Love your stencilled background with such wonderful texture and dimension, Pauline - it really makes a feature of that pretty floral image.
Thanks for playing along with our special anniversary challenge at Passion for Markers, Lisa x

meg said...

A beautiful combination of colours and fabulous layout love the texture,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous card with matching ATC, Pauline - just love the stenciling plus texture around your lovely blossom!! So glad you shared at NBUS!! Linda, May Guest Designer

Leanne said...

I like flowers so this is a bonus, and the colors are so pretty, oh so wonderful.

Thanks for playing our challenge!

Happy Crafting!

Leanne DT Member/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge

Dawn Phillips said...

I love all the different details. The shape and the texture you've added are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

papierelle said...

Wow, amazig card and ATC. I like the backgrounds and your beautuful color choice.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.
I see you're commenting as 'Anonymous. Please take a look here, I'll show you how to comment again with your Google account. Unfortunately, many bloggers had this problem.
https://papierelle.blogspot.com/2022/05/wieder-mit-google-konto-kommentieren.html
Best wishes Gundi

Catie Cuddles said...

Love this. The texture and the stencilling against the flower works so well.
Catherine x

Linby said...

wow1 Love the bold colours and design.

Di said...

Wow Pauline - these are stunning! Really lovely work and such gorgeous colours you've used as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creations! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

CraftingMum said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining our challenge at Colour crazy

N-Eva said...

I adore your card design! So very pretty! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Dream Valley challenge.Neva DT