Saturday 14 May 2022

Allsorts Challenge #676


Good morning everyone,

It's time for another weekly Allsorts Challenge, and this week I am excited as it's my turn to pick the theme .. and I have chosen

*** Add Some Sparkle ***

So a lovely happy theme ... and how easy is that? I do love a bit of sparkle!!

To encourage you further we also have the following great prizes on offer:

First up WOWVOW has kindly donated a £15 store voucher 


Secondly we have 2 Paper Discovery stencils (designs will vary).


Before I get on to showing you my card for this week, I'd also like to give everyone a heads up about next week's challenge .... Allsorts Challenge will be 13!! Yep! The Allsorts baby will become a teenager, and we will have a special celebration challenge with LOTS of prizes ... you won't want to miss it!


Ahead of all that excitement ... here's my card for this week.


This is one of my first cards made with some of my new birthday stash from my darling husband. 

First I created a smoosh background with Distress Oxide inks, then background stamped my butterfly circles using 2nd generation VFC in Charming Pink, and my grungy circles using Versamark and white embossing powder. The butterfly is part of a larger stamp - I stamped and heat embossed it twice, coloured the butterflies with a mixture of Sakura sparkle pens and gold Posca pen, then fussy cut and adhered to the main panel. I finished off by stamping, cutting out and attaching my sentiment, and attaching some sparkly hearts.

As so often, the main pic does not capture the fact that the butterflies are VERY sparkly ... though I did have a moment's anxiety while colouring in as my pink pen was threatening to run out! I got a birthday voucher from another good friend for Hobbycraft, and yesterday (after making this card) I went to my local branch and got me a set of 8 sparkly Posca pens … they seem to be the latest craze on the Lavinia website but strangely are much cheaper in Hobbycraft, and of course I didn’t pay anything 😀 .. watch this space to see how they perform! Anyhoo, Here’s a pic to try to show the sparkly wings.

 
Stamps: Butterfly - Woodware "Butterfly"; background and sentiment - Visible Image "Butterfly Effect";
MediaVersafine Clair (Nocturne, Charming Pink); Versamark; Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac); Sakura sparkle pens (Rose Sparkle, Lilac Sparkle); gold Posca pen; white detail embossing powder;
Heart gems from my stash. 

Challenges I would like to enter:

Butterfly Challenge #170 - Spin the Butterfly Wheel
(I have used 2 colours - Amaranth & African Violet - plus butterfly)
Classic Design Challenge #5 2022 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Colour Crazy #19 2022 - Anything Goes with Colouring
C.R.A.F.T. #637 - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore #99 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Crafty Catz #595 - Anything Goes
Creations In Pink #45 - Anything Goes in Mainly Pink
Creative Friday #307 - No Patterned Papers
Dragonfly Dreams (May) - Butterflies and/or Flowers (2nd entry)
Love to Scrap #155 - Anything Goes
NBUS #38 - Use Your Never Before Used Schtuff
(mine is all the stamps on this card + the pink VFC)
Sheepski #62 - For the Girlz
Use Your Stuff #447 - Inspired By Cinema 
(The Butterfly Effect / Papillon)
We love Stamping (May) - For a Lady  (2nd entry)

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your sparkly creations. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

23 comments:

Linby said...

So pretty and sparkly - it's a great theme.
Thanks also for joining us at We Love Stamping.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous card Pauline, your background is stunning and I can see how sparkly those pretty butterflies are - just wonderful.
Lorraine

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our USE YOUR STUFF challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Ellibelle said...

Your hubby did very well on your birthday gift, such wonderful new products and I am absolutely loving that large butterfly! The background looks amazing!

HilaryJane said...

What an amazing background and I can well imagine the sparkle on the butterflies, fabulous. Lucky you to have so many birthday goodies, enjoy xx

Dena J said...

Love those stunning butterflies! This is a very fun theme, Pauline. Thank you for inspiration.

crafty-stamper said...

Well done hubby! Fabulous background and love the beautiful sparkly butterflies
Carol x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card with butterflies, beautiful background, really feminine card.
Thank you for sharing at WLS challenge;-))m

Darnell said...

I mean, butterflies, schmooching, AND schparkle? What more could a card need? Your design and coloring are sensational, Pauline! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

brenda said...

Beautifully done in the pretty pinks Pauline.

I looked at the new Posca pens but I'm yet to use the new set sent from Oakwood. I've used other makes of sparkle pens for years and have to say these new ones compare well and cheaper as well.

Enjoyed the theme, thank you.

B x

Elizabeth Hart said...

Oh so beautiful and the bit of sparkle is perfect. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Colour Crazy Craft Challenge, Elizabeth

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blo g
My Blog As I do Rodos

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really gorgeous Pauline, I adore butterflies and also sparkle. So this is a winner for me. lol!! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Sarn said...

A really beautiful butterfly card with the added sparkle! Those sparkle pens are GREAT aren't they?

Happy ATC making (saw your comment on my blog!). xxx

Darlene said...

WOW! What a BEAUTIFUL card! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Celeste Goff said...

Beautiful card. Has a really cool mixed media look to it!

Carol L said...

The background you created is just lovely for these 2 sparkly butterflies! I love the heart accents too! Gorgeous card!

Lia said...

This is gorgeous! I like the butterflies on the nice background.
Lia DT TSOC

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous butterfly card, Pauline - just love the background you created and all the sparkle!! Thanks for sharing at NBUS!! Linda W. May Guest Designer

Sheryl said...

This is such a pretty card.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

Mrs A. said...

Hello Pauline, welcome to the butterfly challenge. What is not to like about this card. I love everything. Sparkle away. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this time. Hugs Mrs A.

Kelly Parker said...

Beautiful image, thank you for participating in the Crafts Galore Challenge at http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.com/

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

Lovely mixed media card!

Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
~ DT Dagmara