Saturday 28 May 2022

Allsorts Challenge #678


Hi everyone,

It's Saturday so it's time for another weekly Allsorts Challenge. Thanks so much to everyone who entered our special 13th birthday challenge last week and made it such a success .. it was great seeing all your entries.

This week Mervi has chosen the theme and it is

*** Anything but Birthdays ***

After last week's mega prize haul, we are now back to normality ... which means that we have just the 2 great prizes on offer!! They are...

a Paper Boutique 8" x 8" Sunflower paper pad


and
a Tattered Lace Cut 'n' Emboss - Sweetpeas


Here's my card for this week.


Having recently got this adorable Lavinia fairy house stamp in order to make a new home card for my oldest friend, I found I was able to get my money's worth as we also have a new set of neighbours, so I decided to make them feel welcome with a card. It isn't as elaborate as my first card, but I'm still pleased with how it turned out.

As this is a tall image I decided to make a 7*5 card which is very unusual for me. I was inspired by a Lavinia tutorial (which I can't now find) to place my house inside a stencilled oval - I used my Press to Impress oval stencil to place my stamp, then stamped it and coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. I then masked the house and replaced the oval stencil so I could sponge a distress oxide background - grass and sky. I then stamped my various flowers, fairy charm, birds and dragonfly with various colours of Versafine Clair, and dotted some Posca pen flowers around the base of the house. I finished off by matting the image panel and stamping my sentiment, and attaching little house number stickers to the front door.

Stamps: Lavinia Harrietas House, Fairy Charms, Garden Poppy, Bluebells, Silhouette Foliage Set, Birds, Fairy Bugs; sentiment - Woodware;
Media: house - Promarkers and Flexmarkers; background - Tim Holtz Distress oxide inks (Rustic Wilderness, Mowed lawn, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean); Versfine Clair (Nocturne, Charming Pink, Warm Breeze); Versafine (Majestic Blue); Posca pen (pink); Posca sparkle pens (pale pink, yellow);
Tools: Large oval stencil - Crafts Too Press to Impress.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Addicted to Stamps and More #430 - Die Cuts and/or Stencils
Classic Design Challenge #5 2022 - Anything Goes (5th entry)
Crafty Calendar (May) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
I ❤️ Promarkers #511 - Anything Goes
Krafty Chicks #613 - All Occasions
Love To Scrap #155 - Anything Goes
Pammie’s Inky Pinkies #2221 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Passion for Markers #642 - Special Anniversary Challenge - Spots and/or Stripes
(Spotty roof and dotty flowers around base of house)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #545/546 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

14 comments:

Linby said...

This is so beautiful and love all the gorgeous colours you used.

Ellibelle said...

It's so pretty and colorful! Love the Lavinia fairy houses but haven't purchased any of them yet as I think they may be too large for my usual card size. But it does work so beautifully as a focal point and absolutely perfect for a "new home" card!

Mervi said...

Fabulous an lovely fairy house card for new home. Happy weekend.

Dena J said...

What a charming, whimsical image, Pauline! I love the colors, too.

brenda said...

A beautiful summery colour palette Pauline.

B x

Spyder said...

Love this magical fairy house!
((Lyn))

Sarn said...

Super colouring and masking. It's a lovely Lavinia card for your friend and bound to be treasured. xxx

Julie said...

Gorgeous card - love the coloured ink stamping and the image is fab! Thanks for joining our anniversary challenge at Passion for Markers, good luck! Juliex

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous image for this New Home card Pauline, I love the pretty colours you have used too.
Lorraine

Marlene Atkinson said...

Super cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Makers challenge. Marlene

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the design and the fairy house is fab. Thanks for joining in our May 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x

foleysfriend said...

Beautiful card. I love the interesting house and how you have it situation in a wonderfully ink blended oval. The multi-colored flowers in the foreground are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Leanne said...

Such bright pretty colors and the image is so nice. A great card. Happy Crafting and thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Leanne DT Member
Krafty Chicks Challenge

Tracy said...

This is fabulous Pauline, I love your colours and design
Happy crafting
Tracy x