Wednesday 25 May 2022

Let Your Spirit Take Flight ... and More Sweet Honeysuckle


Hi everyone,

Today is the last day of the Lavinia website monthly challenge ... and I realised much to my horror I hadn't made a single entry!!  I decided to put that right before it was too late, and seeing as this month's theme is "Blossoms Blooming" I made one of my favourite type of Lavinia cards, which is a meadow scene.


I think this type of scene particularly suits DL cards, and they are also ideal for trading three ATC's, but I was hampered as I didn't have any DL envelopes. I put that right last time I was out shopping, so now I'm ready to go.

I cut a panel of white stamping card and created a smoosh background with Distress Oxide inks, then used a circle mask and blended more DO on top to make a sun. I created some grounding using a hill mask and DO, then stamped a variety of flowers + a butterfly using a mix of colours of Versafine Clair and 1st/2nd generation stamping. I coloured my poppies and butterfly with Sakura sparkle pens, and also highlighted the outline of the sun and the flowers. I also added some “wisps” of mist with white pastel pencil, but they are hardly visible on camera. Lastly I stamped my sentiment, then edged the panel with black Promarker and matted it onto teal pearlescent linen cardstock and my card blank.

Stamps: Lavinia Dandelions, Garden Poppy, Group Poppies, Field Grass, Silhouette Foliage Set, Mini Flutter,  Let Your Spirit Take Flight;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Twilight, Warm Breeze); Sakura sparkle pens (yellow, turquoise); white pastel pencil;
Tools: Lavinia hill and circle masks;
Heart gem from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Colour Crazy #20 2022 - Anything Goes with Colouring (2nd entry)
Crafty Catz #596 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Dare 2B Artzy (May) - Flowers (3rd entry)
Get Creative #111 - Use Flowers (3rd entry)
Path of Positivity #101 - Anything Goes Positive  (2nd entry)
Shopping Our Stash #471 - Make Mine a Tall One
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Sparkles #152 - Floral Frenzy (3rd entry)
Time Out #214 - Word Prompt 


Try It On Tuesday - Butterflies

I would also like to share today a set of three ATC's I made for the May challenge over in the FB group UK Stampers Forum, where the theme is Sweet Things. I played around with a few ideas involving cupcakes and baking but nothing seemed to come together, so I decided to go with sweet smelling rather than sweet tasting, and  did what I had wanted to do since making my Allsorts DT card for last Saturday... which was to make ATC's in the same style. I have entitled these "Sweet Honeysuckle".


. I cut three pieces of card slightly smaller than standard ATC size, and lightly stencilled them with my brick wall stencil and Distress Oxide ink. I then stamped and heat embossed my honeysuckle and bee, and painted with Posca sparkle pens dabbed down and picked up with a fine paintbrush. I didn't really have a suitable sentiment, so I used my individual alphabet stamps to create the word "sweet", then cut out and matted on top. I edged each panel with black Promarker and then matted onto standard ATC-size pieces of rose gold card stock, before finishing with some pink and gold Posca pen spatter dots. As usual it requires an angled pic to really show the shimmer...


A closer look at each ATC

1/3

2/3

3/3

Stamps: Lavinia Honeysuckle, Bee Mini; sentiment - Hobbycraft mini alphabet;
Media: background - Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Spun Sugar); Posca sparkle pens (pale pink, red, orange, green); Versafine Clair (Nocturne); clear embossing powder; Stickles glitter;
Tools: Crafters Companion brick wall stencil from "Life Happens" set. 

Challenges I would like to enter:

A Tiny Craft #9 - ATC's - Flowers (2nd entry)
ATC's With a Heart - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Crafts Galore Encore #99 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Fab 'n' Funky #552 - Anything  But Square
Mixed Media Lovers #13 - Anything Mixed Media
River of Creativity #13Not a Card (3rd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Not a Card

Time for a cup of tea and some TV now!! Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

27 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sparkles Monthly Challenge

Sarn said...

A beautiful floral silhouette card for the Lavinia challenge - and your trio of honeysuckle ATCs are just as fab as the card you made using the same materials. Xxx

Chris said...

Such a beautiful card, a lovely design using your gorgeous Lavinia stamps.
Your ATC's are equally stunning- wonderful stamping! Thanks for joinng us at Crafty Catz this week.
Chris
x

brenda said...

More beautiful work with the Honeysuckle Pauline, thanks so much for adding your ATC's to the flow at River of Creativity.

B x

Helen said...

LOVE that meadow scene you made for our challenge! The faded foliage in the background is brilliant, as it the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! ((hugs)) Helen

Donna Walls said...

Lovely projects, I love the slimline card and the ATC's are so sweet. Thanks for playing along at The Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge.

ScrappyHorses said...

Ooh, that meadow scene card is beautiful! Great color and sentiment with all the lovely flowers. So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, I adore your ATCS they are beatiful. Thanks for joining ATCs mit Herz. Anesha

dj said...

Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our “Make Mine A Tall One” challenge over at SOS!! Your card for our challenge is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love everything about it!!

Pat said...

Beautiful ATC’s, love the honeysuckle image and the gorgeous colours, thanks for playing along with us at Fab’n’Funky.

Pat xx

SmilynStef said...

Love your pretty flower garden ... perfect for a slimline design ... so very glad you made yours a Tall One at Shopping our Stash.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your card is so beautiful, I love your colour choices! Loving the ATCs too! Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

marlies said...

Prachtig wat je gemaakt hebt! Zo fijn dat je meedoet met de Mixed Media Lovers..
Marlies, DT

Linby said...

Your meadow is so pretty and such lovely colours. The honeysuckle looks fab on the ATCs too.

Donna said...

Another fab set of projects!
Thanks so much for taking up the "flowers" challenge with the team from A Tiny Craft {ATC}

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Your cards are just gorgeous, Pauline. Your meadow scene is so lovely. I am assuming that for Time Out, your inspiration is "sun". Your colors are beautiful as is your inking. Thanks for playing at Time Out. For future reference, Time Out has a limit of links to challenges in order to be considered for the win. It is total of 5 including ours.

Creaine said...

So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Joan said...

Love your meadow scene, such a pretty card and the ATC's are lovely too

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge
Joan x

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

I love your ATC. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Hugs
Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Sheryl said...

A beautiful card.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
TTCRD DT

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Very pretty and you have certainly inspired us at PIP Challenges!
hugs

Anna said...

What beautiful pieces. The floral images and all of the little details are amazing! Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Shopping Our Stash and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, Design Team

Conny said...

Wow.. how amazing! Love your flowers!
Thanks for joining us at ATCs mit Herz!

Hugs,
Conny

AlisonC said...

These are exactly the sort of cards I wanted to make when I started stamping. Now I get pulled all over the place. The scene is just beautiful! Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time. x

SarahR said...

Hello Pauline, what fabulous cards you've made! Love the scenes, they are so pretty, and your colours are wonderful!

Thanks for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge this time, hope to see you again.
Sarah
DT

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Fabulous project and design. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
Annette DT