Sunday 3 March 2024

Triple B - March GDT


Hi everyone, I was really thrilled to be asked recently by Diane to be this month’s Guest Designer on the Triple B Challenge


Of course I said yes straight away, as I am always a keen entrant into the challenge due to the fact that I absolutely love the theme which is always

*** Birds, Butterflies and/or Blooms *** 

with the option to be inspired by a mood board, which this month is the incredibly pretty picture below.


Remember you do NOT have to follow the board ... it's there for inspiration, but you DO have to use 1, 2 or 3 of the B's ... Birds, Butterflies and/or Blooms.

I hope you will pop over to the Triple B blog to see the superb inspiration from the Design Team and to link up your entries. Here is my effort - I was inspired by the pink and blue butterfly on a mottled pink background.


I cut a piece of stamping card 9cm x 20cm, and made a smooshed background of 2 colours of Distress Oxide ink which I dabbed onto my craft mat, spritzed and then applied to the card with acetate. I stamped the main image, then stamped the butterfly again onto a spare snippet of card and coloured with Distress watercolour pencils overlaid with Spectrum Noir sparkle pen. I shaded some of the circles with Distress watercolour pencils and others with my sparkle pen, then added some background stencilling in blue and background words in grey. I stamped the birdie onto another separate card snippet, fussy cut and attached to the bottom corner. I added white Posca spatters and when dry, matted the panel onto a black border and a DL card blank. I attached the coloured butterfly with silicone glue to give some dimension, scrunching black cotton behind and also adding the small number panel popped up for a bit more dimension. Finally I added the main sentiment which was stamped onto a snippet of black card with Versamark and heat embossed in white.

Here's a closeup of the butterfly.


Stamps: AALL & Create #449 Through the Meadows, #690 Robin and Nuthatch (background words), #533 Bring on the Sentiments; Tracy Evans Boutique Designs TE4 New Beginnings;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Kitsch Flamingo, Tumbled Glass, Blueprint Sketch); Distress watercolor pencils (Picked Raspberry, Prize Ribbon, Peeled Paint); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist); Versamark; detail white embossing powder; Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear); Posca pen (white);
Tools: Visible Image stencil - Off the Grid.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Little Red Wagon #745 - Stencil Power (2nd entry) - FEATURED PROJECT
Love to Craft #79 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
My Time to Craft #528 - Make Your Own Background (3rd entry)
Sheepski #84 - Anything Goes
Simon Says (Monday) - Fur or Feathers (3rd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (4th entry)
Word Art Wednesday #637/638 - Anything Goes (5th entry)

You have until March 31st, 8pm US Eastern Time (ET) to enter.
The winners will be announced on April 2nd before the start of a new challenge. 

Looking forward to seeing your entries. Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

13 comments:

Diane said...

This is absolutely stunningly gorgeous, beautiful colors, beautiful design, we are so happy and thankful to have you as our guest designer this month!!

Ellibelle said...

An absolute beauty you created here, Pauline! I love these colors! And I agree, they always have such amazing mood boards! Congrats on being a guest designer, so well deserved!

Darlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pauline! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month. Amazing inspiration to all!
Darlene
Triple B Co-Owner

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your gDT spot with such a fabulous card and background,love the beautiful stamp and colour combination.
Carol x

Sarn said...

Congrats on your GDT spot at Triple B.

This butterfly card is SO pretty and I love the thread embellishment and the little bird you added, not to mention the lovely "Positivity" word

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

Di said...

Brilliant card Pauline - ssuper colour combination and I love how you detail how you made your cards and ATCs. I like reading the small print!

Hugs
Di xx (Snippets Playground)

Linby said...

Congrats on your GDT. This is a stunning make, your use of colour is so pretty.

Card Creator said...

This is so stunning and love how the colors work so well together. Thank you so much for joining us here at My Time to Craft
~Tamara

Brenda said...

Pauline, this is so good! I love your design and the mixed media feel of your beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Little Red Wagon!

brenda said...

Sorry, missed this one being away Pauline, one of my fav stamps and you've done a great job with those colours.

You mentioned masking fluid, no don't use for suns/moons in fact not used it for ages, probably dried up by now, but it does rub away fine using a finger (so long as it's a clean one which mine rarely are!).

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another stunning card, the colours are gorgeous, love that little hint of green. Congratulations on your GDT, well deserved. x

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

A beautiful card using gorgeous colours and a fabulous stamp!

I received some Posca pens as a Mother's Day gift .. .. can't wait to give them a try!

Love Jules xx

KathyA. said...

What a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at the Sheepski Designs Challenge Blog. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]