Friday 8 March 2024

Golden Daffodils


Hi everyone, I love daffodils in spring, and this year I made my first daffodil card on St. David’s Day. A mere week later and here I am again with another one … they are so bright and cheerful they really make me smile! I also felt encouraged to have another go with my new circular gel press as my first attempt last week worked out much better than I have ever managed to achieve with my old square one.


I brayered two colours of Elements ink onto my gel plate, spattered with water and took a print on a 5 1/2” square of stamping card. I stamped the focal daffodil then stamped it again onto separate card along with two smaller flower heads, coloured with Zig markers then fussy cut and added Wink of Stella to the flower heads. I masked the inked circle and added some background circle stamping using Versamark heat embossed with ultra fine white embossing powder, then attached the flowers. I stamped and heat embossed the Easter sentiment on black card, cut out and attached, then added some doodling round the circle with a black fine liner. Finally I matted the finished panel onto aqua pearlescent linen card stock and a 6” card blank.

Here is an angled shot to try to capture the sparkle on the flowers.


Stamps: Visible Image Golden Daffodils, The Butterfly Effect; Penny Black Happy Easter (2855D);
Media: Lavinia Elements inks (Blue Lagoon, Bermuda); Versafine Clair (Nocturne); Versamark; WOW white ultra fine embossing powder; Kuretake Zig watercolour brush pens; Wink of Stella;
Tools: Lavinia Roland gel press.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #770 - Spring
As You Like It - Favourite Monochrome or Colourful (and why) - TOP 3
(I love colourful makes as they make me feel cheerful!)
Beautiful Blossoms #14 - Anything Floral Goes (6th entry)
Country View Crafts FB Challenge (March) - Mad March Hare (hares, rabbits or Easter)
C.R.A.F.T. #711 - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz #667 - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers #273 - Anything Goes
Double D - First Signs of Spring


Dragonfly Dreams (March) - Circles - TOP 3
Dream Valley #311 - Add Some Sparkle
Simon Says (Monday) - Bright and Cheerful
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Add a Sentiment
Try It On Tuesday - Spring - TOP 5

On that cheerful note I’ll wish everyone a happy weekend.  Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

27 comments:

Linby said...

This is gorgeous. I love the shades of blue you used they really contrast well with the daffs. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges.

Liz said...

Wonderful card Pauline, a beautiful blue background for your lovely daffodils is perfect. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Spring option.
Liz xx

brenda said...

Nothing say's Spring quite like a Daffodil does it, beautifully done with the blue backdrop. Many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges.

B x

Chris said...

It's beautiful Pauline, love your sparkling daffodils and the gel plate background. I'm very tempted to get a circular one myself now.
Thank you for joining in at Stamping Sensations.
Chris
x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow what a gorgeous card Pauline, such lovely vibrant, Spring colour and design. Many thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful card Pauline, I agree, Spring has definitely arrived when you see daffodils blooming. Love the gelli plate background, it really makes those daffs pop.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday and Stamping Sensations.
Avril xx

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous yellows and blues. The daffodils are so pretty, I love Spring florals, Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Classic Design Challenge

Sarn said...

Very pretty card indeed. Good to see you are getting to grips with your gel plate. Xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful Spring time card Pauline love the image and background
hugs
lolo x

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful daffodils and fabulous gelli plate background.
Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

Ooops meant to add-Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and Stamping SEnsations.
Carol DT x

My name is Erika. said...

Oh Pauline, these daffodils are just gorgeous. And they are perfect for spring. I really like this latest card. Thanks for joining in at TIOT, and have a super weekend. hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

Beautiful daffodils and a lovely springtime card. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

More daffs? Keep on making them, this is another stunning card. I can't believe I didn't use any daffs this year for cards. Love the blue frame with a perfect arrangement of the daffodils. Love it. x

Ellibelle said...

I too love Daffodils in the spring, they just make me happy :)
Your card is gorgeous, wonderful work once again with the gel plate. My circular gel plate is only about 3 inches wide so I started using my 6 inch square.

Sheryl said...

A beautiful spring themed card.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Pauline, love the daffodils, such a pretty design
Lorraine x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card, I love the background blues and texture and the daffodils are gorgeous..
https://passionforpapercraft.blogspot.com/2024/03/golden-daffodils.html

Kerry Charles said...

A stunning card. Love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week. Kerry (DT)

Lisa Cuneo said...

S0 pretty. I especially like the blue circle background. Thanks for sharing with us at Beautiful Blossoms.

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

Another great creation .. .. I love how every one of your posts contains something to learn from! You are very inspirational!

Love Jules xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

I love the daffodils against the stunning background. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at at the Creative Fingers Challenge

Zw@@n said...

Your card is stunning, Pauline! I love daffodils: the colours, shape and the scent. Great background. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

Aimeslee Winans said...

So pretty!
Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
xoxo, Aimeslee DT

Debbie said...

Thank you for sharing this stunning card. I enjoyed reading your process on making it. I have never tried gel printing. Thank you for entering our challenge over at CRAFT Challenge. Debbie M x

Darlene said...

What an awesome spring card Pauline! LOVE your overall design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Billie A said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors of the background and really makes the daffodils pop. My daffodils are up and this reminds me of them. Perfect colors. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz