Friday 1 March 2024

Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus


Hi everyone, it's March already, today is St. David's Day in the UK, and after a rainy start the sun is shining ... so this afternoon I just had to make a daffodil card - it would have been rude not to!! I just managed to get it finished and photographed before the light faded, so here it is.


I die cut a stitched square of stamping card just smaller than  a 6" square card blank,  stamped the focal daffodils and heat embossed in gold, then coloured with my Zig pens. I added some soft green stencilling all around, then some background 2nd generation stamping in green to co-odinate with the daffodil background. I stamped a small daffodil bloom onto separate cardstock, heat embossed, coloured and fussy cut, then attached with silicone glue, then blended more DOX round the edges of the panel to add some depth. I matted the panel onto my card blank, then masked the edges before adding gold Posca spatters. Finally I stamped the sentiment onto separate card, heat embossed, cut out and attached.

I love the gold sheen of the heat embossed daffodils which shows up better in this picture.


Stamps: Visible Image Golden Daffodils, Where Flowers Bloom (background stamping); Uniko Spring Botanicals Daffodil (sentiment);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Mowed Lawn); Versafine Clair (Shady Lane); Versamark; WOW Metallic Gold embossing powder; Posca Pen (gold);
Tools: Hunkydory Moonstone Duo-Stitched Squares die; Lavinia stencil - Leaf Trails.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Day of the Month Card Club #60 - Random Acts of Kindness Day
Double Trouble #161 - Pinch Proof (Include the colour green) PLUS a Touch of Gold
Four Seasons (March) - Anything Spring Goes with optional Mood Board


Krafty Chicks #705 - Anything Goes
Little Red Wagon #745 - Stencil Power
Love to Craft #79 - Anything Goes
Love to Scrap #166 - Anything Goes
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #637/638 - Anything Goes (4th entry)

I'm hoping this will be the first of many bright and cheerful spring cards - not to mention bright and cheerful spring days!! 

Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

15 comments:

Sarn said...

Well there’s lovely!
A beautiful daffodil card with a gorgeous background. The gold heat embossing really adds a nice touch. XXX

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Pauline. The daffodils look beautiful embossed in gold.
Liz xx

Kellianne said...

What a lovely Spring card! I love the gold embossing and the subtle designs in the background. And of course the daffodils just scream that winter is over! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at double Trouble :)

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Pauline:
This is beautiful, and it makes me SO happy to see your wonderful art linked up with us at both Word Art Wednesday and at The Four Seasons. Thank you so much for sharing your art with us and please stop by again soon.

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous spring card Pauline, love the daffodils
Lorraine x

Izzy Scrap said...

This is gorgeous. Love the dimension you gave to your daffodils with the gold embossing and the foam mounting. Beautiful background too. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at DotMCC.

Ellibelle said...

How beautiful it is Pauline, love the gold embossing and gorgeous background for the pretty daffodils!
Thanks so much for sharing at Four Seasons challenge!

Linby said...

So beautiful and lovely embossing and layout too. You asked about my fussing cutting. I have a small pair of decoupage scissors with a curved blade for tiny pieces, otherwise I use a big pair of scissors! Craft knife only for tiny inset pieces.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Pauline, love your style and creativity of your cards. The gold embossing for the floral and some of the other stamped elements are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Double Trouble and making sure you won't be pinched.

Helen said...

Beautiful, Pauline - very elegant.

Thanks for joining the Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Helen x
(Guest Chick)

Brenda said...

There is so much I love about this card. The stenciling is perfection, what a wonderful soft feel it gives. That pop of yellow and gold really makes this eye-catching. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Little Red Wagon!

Diane said...

Love, love your beautiful Daffodil card, the gold embossing really sets them off, daffodils are my favorite and I just went in the woods and cut me a bouquet before the rain gets here today, my garden daffodils are all budded and are at least a month too early!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Swooooooon. How did I miss this? On St David's Day too, sacrilege! OH! This is gorgeous Pauline, I love the daffs and the gold embossing with the beautiful shade of green too. Just all so very, very beautiful. Love the Welsh heading too. It has to be my favourite St David’s Day post. Thank you. Diolch x

Melanie R said...

Beautiful card, Pauline! The flowers are so natural in appearance and I love the background. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #161.

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Beautiful card, I love your spring flowers. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Hugs
Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}