Monday 25 December 2023

Happy Christmas … may your heart be filled with joy!


Hi everyone, this is a scheduled post today as I would like to share the Christmas card I made for my darling husband, which I never publish until I have given it to him on Christmas morning. 

I would also like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas - I hope you have a wonderful day whatever you’re doing.

I decided to make another joyful Lavinia scene, with Tilly and Tango dancing around as they decorate the Christmas tree, though this time they are carrying baubles rather than lanterns! This is an 8" square card, so plenty of room to build up my scene with the imposing Wild Pine Christmas tree! It took me several hours to make this, but I am pleased with how it turned out so I hope he will like it!


I cut a 7" square of stamping card and created my background snowdrifts and sky by blending Della Blue Elements ink using hill and circle masks. I then stamped the focal tree "Wild Pine" in Shady Lane and Pinecone Versafine Clair, and the mice in Pinecone. I added a variety of background trees in 1st/2nd generation stamping, then stamped a fence and gate in Acorn VFC and added a little robin by stamping a bird in Acorn VFC then coloured the red breast with a red Signo pen and added white gel pen to his tummy. 

I coloured the main tree by painting with watered down Olive Elements ink in flicking motions, added a wash of Wink of Stella, then coloured the tree baubles with blue, yellow and green Posca sparkle pens. I added a star on top of the tree stamped with Brilliance gold ink. I added baubles being held by the mice by drawing small circles with black fine liner  using my Lavinia White Orbs stencil, then drew the bauble top and string and coloured the baubles with Sakura Stardust pens. I added some overhanging branches in the top left corner, and added snow to them with a white gel pen, then added a small lantern sitting on the fence post and created the lamplight with yellow Stardust pen. I highlighted the moon and background trees with clear Stardust pen and added snow to the drifts, fence and gate with white Posca pen, then added white gel pen and pastel pencil highlights to the mice. 

Finally I added a highlight of Spectrum Noir sparkle pen to the moon and matted the finished piece onto green linen card stock and an 8" square card blank. I then decided to add some embossed and some Posca snowflakes (which made the card go wrinkly so I had to place it under a pile of books to flatten out!!) and stamped my sentiments.

Here's an angled picture to capture some of the sparkle.’


As this is a special Christmas card I also decorated the inside, with Tilly and Tango in a frenzy of excitement with their Christmas baubles!!


Stamps: Lavinia Wild Pine, Small Pine Trees, Christmas Tree Group, Red Pine (small), Fern Branch, Tilly and Tango, Gate and Fence, Bird Collection, Small Lanterns; North Star Mini, Snowflakes (Small), Snowflakes; sentiments - Uniko Christmas Wishes, Woodware Christmas Sparkle. 
Media: Lavinia Elements inks (Della Blue, Olive); Versafine Clair (Shady Lane, Pinecone, Acorn, Morning Mist, Medieval Blue, Nocturne); Brilliance pigment ink (Galaxy Gold); Versamark; detail white embossing powder; Posca Sparkle pens (blue, yellow, green); Sakura Stardust pens (turquoise, yellow, clear); fine liner pen (black); Wink of Stella; Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear);  Signo pen (red); gel pen (white); Posca pen (white); 
Tools: Lavinia Mini Hill Masks, Hill Masks, Circle masks, White Orbs stencil.

Challenges I would like to enter:

12 Months of Christmas #107 - Anything Goes Christmas (3rd entry)
613 Avenue Create (December) - Anything Goes with option Any Winter Holiday (3rd entry) - TOP ROCKER
ABC Christmas - Y is for Your Choice (Anything Goes) (3rd entry)
Allsorts #760/761 - Cold and Ice
Christmas Craft Creations (December) - Christmas Decorations
Christmas Crafts All Year Round (December) - Anything Christmas Goes (3rd entry)
Crafting Happiness #154 - Christmas Trees
Crafty Calendar (December) - Christmas (3rd entry) - TOP PICK
Creative Aunts #84 - Christmas Magic
Creative Crafting Uncles #48 - Christmas and/or Happy New Year 
(3rd entry)
Creative Inspirations (December) - Happy Christmas (3rd entry)
Double D - Winter Snow Scene 
(2nd entry)
Dragonfly Dreams (December) - Christmas (3rd entry)
Dream Valley #306 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
The Holly and Ivy #153 - Anything Christmas Goes (3rd entry)
Inkspirational #305 - Celebrate 
(2nd entry)
Lavinia Creative Challenge (December) -The Magic of Christmas (5th entry)
(version of card without sentiment)
Most Magical Time of the Year #15 - Christmas (3rd entry) - TOP PICK
Peace On Earth #54 - Anything Christmas Goes 
(3rd entry) - WINNER
Simon Says (Monday) - Let It Snow 
(2nd entry)
Anything Goes 
(3rd entry)

I’m going to be taking a little break from crafting and blogging now until after New Year so I can hopefully spend some quality time with husband, friends and family. We are having a quiet day today, just the 2 of us, but have some plans to get together with friends over the festive period.

So to all my blogging friends and followers, wishing you a very happy, healthy and peaceful Christmas and a Happy New Year, and I look forward to seeing you all in 2024.

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

22 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW what a fabulous scene you have created! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth & Double D challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and stamped scene -love it.Enjoy your break and best wishes for the New Year.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams.
Carol DT x

Liz said...

Absolutely beautiful card Pauline, well worth all the time you took to create the fabulous scene. I’m sure your husband was thrilled to receive it. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this fortnight. xx

Ginny Maxam said...

I love your card, It makes me smile looking at it! It is really pretty! Thank you for entering the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DT

Lia said...

O, your scene is so cute! So many things to look at: great work!
Lia DT POE

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I can see all the time and work that went in to this wonderful stamped scene and card for your husband. Lots of lovely sparkle and depth to the scene. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts.
Lorraine

Aquarius said...

What a gorgeous and fun scene this is - Tilly and friends are certainly having lots of fun decorating the beautiful tree. I popped by on the recommendation from Jules of 'Heart' fame 😉

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

A fantastic card for your hubby .. .. I love that tree stamp so much!

Sorry you haven't been able to locate the Penny Black Pine stamp. I will keep my eyes open and if I see it anywhere will let you know.

Hope you had a good Christmas

Love Jules xx

SarahR said...

Hello there Pauline, what a wonderful card you've made - I love all the details and your use of ink and stamps to create a scene is just inspirational! Not such a fan of mice myself but they are super cute here! Thanks for joining in with us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenge, Sarah - DT.

Birgit said...

What a darling winter scene you've created! Just perfect for the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you in the draw!

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Your card is great Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly dreams

Zo een leuke kaart, tof gedaan. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Dagronfly dreams
Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

Vanaf heden geef ik workshops en verkoop ik mijn kaartjes via mijn FB groep
Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
Challenge blogs:
Girlz Creative Christmas 
Girlz makes Guyz Cards
Girlz creative crafts
Creative sketchy girls

Sarn said...

Fabulous Christmas card for your hubby. Great attention to detail.
Enjoy your break.

Hope you had a super Christmas and I wish you all the best for a happy, healthy and peaceful New Year xxx

Vickie Y said...

Super cute! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

Alex said...

What shopuld I say... Your card is... amazing funny! Thanks for making me smile!
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Creative Crafting Uncles and good luck. Hope you will join us next challenge again.

Crafty greetings
Alex

*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
Alex' Kreative Seite

Mervi said...

Fabulous and joyful card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.
Happy New Year!
Dt Mervi

Lynda said...

What a fun Christmas scene - so much detail. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What fun and a beautiful scene Pauline. Love the sparkle. btw, I got the snowman, thank you so much for the link, he is just wonderful.
Happy New Year.
Faith x

Carol said...

All the work you put into this gorgeous card was well worth the result! All the things you added to this realistic scene (besides the dancing mice decorating the tree-haha) add up to a fabulous work that you should frame and take out every year! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Christmas Craft Creations!

Leanne said...

This is so cute, I don't know about mice...I am scared of them, but darn this is so cute, great job, and I like the sparkle as well. Thank you for playing our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations. Have a great day!

Leanne DT Member/CCC
Christmas Craft Creations

Deanne Saunders said...

So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Stef Perry said...

A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Pauline! Your card for you husband is spectacular and so special. It's evident you spent time on it, with all the beautiful layers to create such a wonderful scene. Thank you so very much for sharing with us at Christmas Craft Creations!

Lori Turner said...

Oh my goodness how cute! Thanks for joining us Christmas Craft Creations this month xoxoox

Lori - CCC DT