Friday 15 December 2023

Dream Factory #123 - GDT spot


Hi everyone, following a recent win I was delighted to be asked to be a Guest Designer for the December challenge over at The Dream Factory - a challenge blog where the themes are always based on movies.

The Design Team would love for you to head over to the current challenge, where this month the inspiration film is

Cobalt Blue


The challenge this time is based purely on the film title, so the theme is

*** Anything Goes with the Colour Blue ***

I love using the colour blue in crafting and especially at Christmas time, so this theme was right up my street! Here's my GDT card - I have tried to stick as close to cobalt blue as possible!


I stamped my beloved old faithful Penny Black stamp "Snowy" onto a square of Neenah super-smooth card and coloured him with Promarkers, then added sparkle to his hat with Spectrum Noir sparkle pen. Snowy is one of my oldest stamps and is still a favourite - he gets an outing every year. I added background stencilling using a fabulous new AALL & Create stencil that I just had to have after noticing it being used in an inspiring recent post by Brenda, then stamped another old favourite Penny Black sentiment. I added a few teeny gems to the snowflake centres and matted the panel onto cobalt blue card stock.

Stamps: Penny Black Snowy (2521K), A wish... (3502F);
Media: Promarkers (China Blue, Cobalt Blue, Powder Blue, Cool Grey 1-3); Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Blueprint Sketch); Memento ink (black); Versafine Clair (Medieval Blue); 
Tools: AAL & Create stencil #221 Snow Crystals.

Challenges I would like to enter:

ABC Christmas - Y is for Your Choice (Anything Goes)TOP 10
Allsorts #758 - Something Beginning With “B” (3rd entry) 
(blue, bobble hat!)
Christmas with the Cuties #11 - Something Cute and Christmassy (2nd entry)
Crazy Is our Fame, Stencils Are Our Game (December) - Use a Stencil with option Christmas - TOP 3
Festive Friday - Christmas (2nd entry)
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #180 - In the Deep Midwinter (5th entry)
Mix It Up #68 - Anything Goes with option Stamping (2nd entry)
Paper Funday #60 - Anything Goes with option Snowman and/or Birds
Passion For Markers #719 - Add a Sentiment
Penny Black Saturday Challenge (December) - Anything Goes with option Christmas
Stamping Sensations (December) - Favourite Colours (2nd entry)
(I love blue, particularly for Christmas cards)
Word Art Wednesday #625/626 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Anything handmade that follows the theme is eligible for the challenge - eg. cards, ATC's, bookmarks, tags, art journal pages - so we hope to see you over at the challenge here - have fun!

I'd also like to thank Rosi for inviting me to be Guest Designer this time.

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

30 comments:

Sarn said...

Great stencilling and it’s always good to see Snowy on a Christmas card - he’s such a lovely stamp. Xxx

brenda said...

Snowy meets A&C, a lovely blend of the two products Pauline, I think you will get lots of use from the stencil. Many thanks for sharing another pretty card with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Liz said...

Wonderful snowy card Pauline , I love your cute snowman. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge using the I Spy option.
Liz xx

Kathyk said...

Loving your snowie (one of my fave images) and you have made a splendid card with it too.

Thank you for your earlier visit to my own blog ... I really think you should try foiling. One of my fave methods is glue stick foiling using a stencil as I LOVE the slightly grungier effect - look forward to seeing your take on foiling

Merry Christmas

Kathyk

Linby said...

Such a lovely pretty snowy scene. I particularly like the stencilling and the gems at the centres of the snowflakes and of course Snowy!
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

Ellibelle said...

It looks beautiful, love him with the blue scarf and hat and what an amazing snowflake stencil! Fun fact, my husband picked this stamp out for me many years ago and as I was reading your post he came up behind me and said is that snowman I got you :) Made me smile that he remembered!! Sadly my Snowy didn't get an outing this year!

Chris said...

I think Snowy is the cutest snowman ever, lovely background stencilling and fabulous frosty colours. Thank you so much for joining us at Fab'n' Funky.
Chris
x

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your GDT spot.Gorgeous card,love the cute snowman and stencilled background.
Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Pauline just popping back to say---Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Carol DT x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous and cute card with that lovely snowman, he is one of my favourites..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Buffy said...

Such an adorable card.
Thank you for joining in with us at Sisterhood of Crafters.
Hugs Buffy x

Ilonka said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge.
Ilonka DT

Lia said...

This snowman is one of my most favorite stamps and you made a lovely card with it! I like the stencilled background.
Lia DT TSOC

Pat said...

Beautiful Christmas card with such a sweet image, thanks for sharing at Christmas with the Cuties. Have a lovely Christmas.

Pat xx

Darlene said...

Oh Pauline, this is just beautiful & adorable! GREAT job on the stenciling! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN & Sisterhood of Crafters challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another stunning make Pauline, I love that snowman, wish I could get him, tried and failed! I love the stencilling, the lovely sentiment and of course your fabby colouring. So lovely with an added smile.
Faith x

Elaine Stark said...

A fantastic card, I love this snowman. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

Julie said...

Such a gorgeous card that you've created. Thanks for joining in our mega Christmas challenge at Passion for Markers - good luck! Juliex

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely stenciled background for this sweet snowman stamp. He is my all-time Christmas favourite too. Thanks for sharing in our Mega Christmas Challenge at Passion for Markers this month.
Lorraine

Laurie said...

Love this little snowman and his blue hat and scarf. Really nice background with the snowflakes as well. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge - again!

Conny said...

Really wonderful card! Love this cute snowmen!

Hugs,
Conny

Natalie said...

This is one of my favorite snowmen stamps. I haven't used it yet this year but it's so cute. Love the sentiment too! Thanks for sharing at Word Art Wednesday!

Mrs.B said...

Snowy is a fabulous snowman and he looks great with the blue hat & scarf. Love the stencilling, might have to check that one out.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril xx

wienerhoneymooners said...

ADORABLE card, so sweet, thanks for joining in the Penny Black Saturday challenge!!!!

Anne Fenton said...

Such an adorable card!!! Thanks for joining the Festive Friday challenge.

Dora said...

This is a beautiful card with the snowman. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

Donna Walls said...

What a darling PB Snowman and I love the blue tones, makes the scene extra cold and wintery. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your designs soon!
Happy 2024!
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Helen said...

Such a beautiful card Pauline. I always love this little snowman and your pretty colours and design brings him to life. Thanks so much for sharing at PB Saturday Challenge. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and that 2024 is a good one. 😊

Inkyfingers said...

Aaah - you used my favourite snowman, Pauline!!! Such a perfect festive card and I love that beautiful background stencilling.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
Hugs
Carol x

Liz said...

Congratulations on your win over in the Passion for Markers Challenge with this beautiful card. (redrawn winner) xx