Tuesday 12 December 2023

Trimming the tree - again


Hi everyone, I have already shared a couple of cards recently of various fairies trimming the gorgeous new Lavinia Christmas trees, then I saw a picture by Lavinia DT member Katarina Eliasson that featured the dancing mice trimming it, and that really sparked my imagination! I didn’t own any of the mice but purchased one set (Tilly and Tango) in my recent order so I could adapt the concept to produce this fun scene.


I started by creating my background, blending Elements ink with the Mini Hill masks to form hills and sky. I stamped the focal Christmas tree then added some background trees to each side using different shades of green and 1st/2nd generation. I coloured the main tree by painting with watered down Elements ink, then coloured the baubles with Posca sparkle pens. I stamped my dancing mice in brown and added lanterns to their hands (paws?) by masking the string on a hanging lantern, then added light with yellow Stardust pen. I added a wash of Wink of Stella to the tree to make it sparkle, and some Stardust pen and Spectrum Noir sparkle pen highlights to the trees and snow. Finally I stamped the sentiment onto a small snippet of card, cut out and attached, then added some Posca snowflakes, edged the panel and matted onto a larger snippet of green cardstock.

Stamps: Lavinia Wild Pine, Tilly and Tango, Christmas Tree Group, Small Pine Trees, Small Lanterns, Christmas Greetings;
Media: Lavinia Elements inks (Della Blue, Olive); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Shady Lane, Pinecone, Rainforest); Posca Sparkle Pens (yellow, blue); Sakura Sparkle pens (yellow, clear); Posca pen (white);
Tools: Lavinia Mini Hills masks. 

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #758 - Something Beginning With “B” (2nd entry)
(Baubles)
Christmas with the Cuties #11 - Something Cute and Christmassy
Creative Knockouts #510 - Snow Much Fun
Double D - Christmas Animals (2nd entry) - TOP 3
Happy Little Stampers: Christmas (December) - Anything Christmas Goes with option Festive Animals (2nd entry)
Lavinia Creative Challenge (December) -The Magic of Christmas (3rd entry)
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #180 - In the Deep Midwinter (4th entry)
Make My Monday - Oh! Christmas Tree or Forest Trees (3rd entry)
Moving Along With the Times #161 - Winter Animals (2nd entry)
Sparkles Christmas #155 - Christmas Animals or Birds (2nd entry)

I was really excited yesterday to notice that my blog has passed 500,000 page views!! I first started this blog in June 2008 so it has been going for 15 years, but for the 7 year period from mid 2014 to June 2021 I stepped away from crafting and only posted about 5 times, so I guess most of these views will have happened during the other 8 years. I’m really thrilled that fellow crafters visit my blog and even more so when you leave me a comment  .. so a huge thanks to everyone who visits!!



Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

20 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, this is an awesome scene, beautifully and cleverly created!! Congrats on all your views too!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Vicki said...

Fun winter scene. That tree stamp is amazing. Thanks for sharing at the Double D "Christmas Animal" Challenge.

Ellibelle said...

This is so fun and a beautiful scene, and the mice are adorable decorating the tree!
Congrats on your 500 000+ blog views too!! Thanks so much for joining in again at Allsorts challenge!

Sarn said...

Utterly gorgeous festive card - great creativity and thinking outside the box.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. Remember to let me know if you want a part in the Nativity Play!!!! LOL! xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I'm on catch-up yet again Pauline but some really lovely cards here in recent posts. Your stamping/inking skills have really shone out in these beautiful cards.
Lorraine

Heather said...

Such an amazing tree, Pauline - love the colors and style! Those little mice are pretty funny, too - such a great image! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Heather said...

Ah ha! Thanks for sharing at Sparkles, too!

Heather said...

Ah ha! Thanks for sharing at Sparkles, too!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Congrats on the 100.000, a great achievement. What wonderful playful card Pauline, love the scene you created. A fun and stunning card.
Faith x

Di said...

Fantastic card Pauline - I love the adorable scene - perfectly inked and stamped too! Well done on the 'number of hits' count!

Hugs
Di xx

brenda said...

Such fun Pauline and perfect 'B's', many thanks for sharing with us at this weeks Allsorts challenge.

B x

Mervi said...

Stunning and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Pauline, I love the scene you've created and that tree looks amazing
Lorraine x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Popping back to thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Anke said...

WOW I love your card, what a awesome scene, Pauline.

And congrats on your 500 000 blog views ...

Hugs
Anke

Laurie said...

This is just so cute! Your background sky and hills and trees is so well done, and I love the large tree in the center. And those little mice - just perfect. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Cazro said...

Very clever design. Love the colouring. Thank you so much for sharing in our challenge at Sparkles Christmas. Caz. DT.

Sue Jackson said...

Great card! You did a fabulous job with the masking and coloring. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at MMM! I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue - DT

Catie Cuddles said...

Brilliantly creative card. The mice are so fun and the landscape is gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

PS sorry I am a little late in visiting - it was a busy few months and I’m now on catch up for blog visiting x but better late than never 😀

Michelle B. said...

Absolutely beautiful! Such a fun and unique card, I love what you've created, bravo! So glad you joined us at Christmas with the Cuties!