Friday, 28 August 2026

Matching Pair 🦢🦢❤️❤️


Hi everyone, my oldest school friend and her husband are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary today, so I made them a card to celebrate. I was inspired by the card I made for my husband  for our 40th anniversary two years ago (here), based on the idea that swans mate for life! 


I cut a square of stamping card, and blended a mixture of inks through a centrally positioned heart stencil, also using a small circle mask and paper mask to create the horizon, sky and water. I then blended ink using paper masks and my Mini Hills mask to create the background hills and their reflection in the water. I stamped the two swans, and various bulrushes around the edges of the scene. I added white Posca stars and ripples in the water, and also added ripples with my Sakura Stardust pen which I also used to outline the moon. I added some sparkle to the moon with Spectrum Noir sparkle pen, then stamped the hearts. I matted the finished panel onto a border of dark blue card stock and a 7” square card blank, then finished with the stamped sentiment and die cut numbers in silver mirror card.

As it was for a special anniversary I also decorated the envelope.


Stamps: Lavinia Swans, Bulrushes, Silhouette Foliage set; Woodware Happy Anniversary;
Media: Lavinia Elements inks (Pink Elephant, Dark Denim, Graphite); Memento ink (Paris Dusk); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Twilight, Strawberry); Sakura Stardust pen (clear); Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear); Posca pen (white);
Tools: Crafts Too heart stencil; Lavinia Mini Hills masks; Provocraft Hippie Chick number dies.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Classic Design Challenge #08 2026 - Anything Goes with option Use Die Cuts (2nd entry)
Crafts Galore Encore #150Anything Goes
Crafty Animals #108 - Include an Animal
Creative Aunts #116Anything Goes
A Cut Above (August) Anything Goes with a Die Cut (2nd entry)
(hearts)
Heart’s Quest #87 - Anything Goes with a Heart with option red hearts
Heart’s Quest Celebrations of Love #31 - Anniversary (2nd entry)
Just Us Girls #838 - Stencil Week
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Tic Tac Toe #300 - Tic Tac Toe


(Letters/numbers/sentiment/die cut)

Triple B (August) - Birds, Butterflies and/or Blooms (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #766/767 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Hope everyone is enjoying the Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK, whatever you’re doing.

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

11 comments:

Aquarius said...

I'm sure your friends will treasure this lovely card. Love the significance of including swans in the scene.

Chris said...

A beautifully designed and stamped anniversary card, a lovely concept and gorgeous stamps.
xx

Ellibelle said...

This is so beautiful and the matching envelope so pretty too! I am sure your friends will absolutely love this!

Vicki said...

What a lovely card! The heart framing the swans makes such a serene, beautiful scene. Love the matching envelope. Thanks for sharing with the August Challenge at A Cut Above.

Liz said...

A stunning anniversary card, Pauline. I love the design.
Liz xx

Sarn said...

It’s a gorgeous anniversary card Pauline. Hippie Chick numbers are still one of my fave’s. Shame they don’t do them in thin dies! xxx

Darlene said...

Oh Pauline . . . what a gorgeous anniversary card! GREAT JOB!! Sure to bring smiles! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Stencil Fun & Triple B challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Stencil Fun Co-Owner
Triple B Co-Owner

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow this is just stunning! Beautiful anniversary card. Thanks for sharing at JUGS

HilaryJane said...

It's stunning well done and congratulations to them xx

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Beautiful anniversary card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT

Sari / Granne said...

Such a beautiful card, so much love in it. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.