Hi everyone, still not been finding much time for crafting, and I’ve also been rather put off by all the hot weather we’ve been having, but I thought I’d just pop by today with a very simple one layer card inspired by the current Simon Says (Wednesday) challenge ‘Summertime Blues’.
I took a 7” x 5” card blank and stamped a scribble background directly onto the front using various shades of Distress Oxide inks, which I then lightly spritzed with water. I stamped the flower and sentiment using Twilight VFC, then added a small scattering of dewdrop gems - that‘s it!
Stamps: Unity Stamps Insightful Meadows; Crafter’s Companion Positive Thoughts ‘Sharing the Love’; unbranded scribble stamp;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Speckled Egg, Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch); Versafine Clair (Twilight);
Other: Crafter’s Companion Dew Drops.
Challenges I would like to enter:
AAA Colourful #31 - Colour Board
Beautiful Blossoms #44 - Anything Floral Goes
Creative Crafters #103 - Anything Goes
Inkspirational #374 - Garden
Neglected Stuff (August) - Use Your Neglected Stuff
(all the stamps on this card)
Papercraft #133 - Back to Basics
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Summertime Blues
Simply Clean & Simple (August) - Anything CAS Goes
Word Art Wednesday #764/765 - Anything Goes
That’s all for today. I’ll be back tomorrow with my make for Ellie’s ‘I Spy With My Littke Eye’ challenge.
Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,




11 comments:
Beautiful, elegant card.
Thank you for joining us at Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx
So very pretty and creative!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Neglected Stuff!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
The Neglected Stuff Co-Owner
A beautiful CAS design, Pauline! Love the scribble background stamp you used behind your pretty stems. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: Garden - Julia xx
I love your pretty CAS card! The silhouette image is really enhanced by the background. Thank you for playing with us at The Creative Crafters Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets to Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!
Nearly missed commenting on this one - Blogger issue still not resolved so it hadn't moved up on my list. Love the subtle background here and it's nice to make single layer cards now and then.
One layer cards always impress me- they are a lot harder to design than they look! Too tempting to add to much- but you've nailed it with this lovely card.
xx
Simple yet very elegant! Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, and sharing your lovely card with us.
Donna xx
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
Oh Pauline this is so so pretty and very creative! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Simply Clean & Simple and Neglected Stuff challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Simply Clean & Simple Co-Owner
Neglected Stuff Co-Owner
The background is gorgeous, you really nailed the colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Colourful, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!
Wow this is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing over at Simply Clean and Simple this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine DT
KraftiKards (my blog)
Peace on Earth Christmas DT
Simply Clean and Simple DT
Such a serene looking, beautiful card. Love the design! Thank you for joining us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
Post a Comment