Wednesday 16 October 2024

I Spy With My Little Eye #20


Hi everyone, it’s the third Wednesday in the month again, so it’s time for a new I Spy With My Little Eye... challenge over at Ellibelle's Corner.  Thanks so much to everyone who joined in last time … please do check over on Ellie’s blog to see if you are one of our top picks. 

Ellie chose the challenge theme this month, and it is

I Spy With My Little Eye 

*** Colours of the Season ***

The gorgeous colours of autumn are all around us to give you inspiration! Don’t forget if you live in the southern hemisphere, you are welcome to use spring colours … just let us know! Please do pop over to Ellie's blog to see her fab creation and link up your entries here.

Here’s my card for the challenge - I have recently made a few straightforward autumn cards so decided to go in a slightly different direction with a magical Lavinia scene. 


I started by creating a background on a square of white stamping card by blending progressively  deeper shades of dye ink outwards from the centre. I then stamped Luna using Nocturne Versafine Clair, then added Mooch looking up at her, and various foliage and mushrooms in Pinecone. I added some silhouette leaves on and falling from Luna’s branch using Elements inks, then coloured the mushrooms and leaves using my Zig pens and Luna’s wings with Stardust pens and Wink of Stella. I added some landscaping using Vintage Photo Distress ink and Mini Hill Masks and stamped some trees in the background and an owl in flight. I added some background wording using Sand Dune VFC and highlights with white Posca pen. Finally I matted the panel onto a black border and my card blank, and added a sentiment which I  stamped onto cream card and cut out.

Here’s an angled picture to give a hint of the sparkle on Luna’s wings.


Stamps: Lavinia Tree Goddess Luna, Mooch, Brodwin & Maylin, Oak Leaf Flourish, Oak Leaves, Small Trees, Elfin Cap Cluster, Slender Mushrooms Mini, Leaf 1 Mini, Mini Maple, Winter Spice; sentiment - Visible Image Erika’s Maple;
Media: Lavinia Elements ink(Sundance, Sahara, Russet Orange, Paprika); Spectrum Noir Harmony Dye ink (Bordeaux); Tim Holtz Distress ink (Vintage Photo); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Pinecone, Sand Dune); Kuretake Zig Clean Colour watercolour pens; Sakura Stardust pens (red, orange, yellow); Wink of Stella; Posca pen (white);
Tools: Lavinia Mini Hill Masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

613 Avenue Create (October) - Anything Goes with option Lots of Leaves (3rd entry)
Allsorts #802 - Magical, Myths and/or Legend
Crafty Catz #680 - Anything Goes with option Autumn Colours
Creative Inspirations (October) - The Season of Autumn (3rd entry)
Festive Friday (October) - Fall Colours (2nd entry)
Moving Along With the Times #171 Autumnal Colours (3rd entry)
My Time to Craft #544 - Autumn Season Colours (3rd entry)
Paper Funday #70 - Anything Goes with option Colours of Autumn (3rd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Fall Mood Board


Sparkles #181 - Toadstools/Mushrooms
Stamping Sensations (October) - Autumn Colours (3rd entry)
We Love Stamping (October) - Autumn (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #669/670 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

The I Spy Challenge will end on the Sunday before the next challenge starts at 23:59 US Central Time - so this time that is Sunday November 17th, and the next challenge will begin on Wednesday November 20th.

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

4 comments:

Sarn said...

A stunning card with the fabulous Luna fairy. Awesome autumnal scene xxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A Beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for
Crafty Catz Challenge

Aquarius said...

Gorgeous autumnal scene with so much beautiful detail

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and Autumn colours-love all the stamps.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Carol DT x