Friday 18 October 2024

🖤Happy Christmas🖤


I everyone, I’m back in the Christmas groove again, and would like to share another Christmas bauble scene I made. I love the challenge of creating a little fantasy scene in such a small space! For this one I reversed the method I used on my previous bauble card, using the stencil mask (inner) to create the bauble shape rather than the actual stencil (outer). Here it is.


I blended three colours of Distress Oxide ink around the bauble stencil mask to define the bauble shape, then spattered with water to add some texture. I then placed the stencil over the bauble shape and used Mini Hill Masks to create landscaping with more DOX and stamped the trees using a variety of shades of green Versafine Clair. I added second generation stamped background wording, and two small stamped baubles which I shaded with my Zig pens, white pastel pencil and Spectrum Noir sparkle pen. I added some stamped holly branches using 2 shades of VFC to add interest, then stamped and shaded a little robin. I hand drew the bauble strings and added highlights with white Posca pen and Sakura Stardust pen before adding some white Posca snow spatters. When dry I added my stamped and cut out sentiment and matted the finished piece onto dark turquoise card stock and a card blank.

With hindsight I’m not completely happy with the brighter shade of green I chose to stamp one of the larger trees and think I should have used Avocado instead, but hey it’s done now, and overall I’m quite pleased with it.

Here’s an angled pic to show the sparkle.


Stamps:Tracy Evans Boutique Designs TE18 Decorations, TE21 Holly and Berries, TE22 Christmas Wishes, TE23 Winter Delights;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Iced Spruce, Bundled Sage, Salvaged Patina); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Bali Blue, Avocado, Shady Lane, Green Grass, Rainforest, Pinecone, Morning Mist); Kuretake Zig Clean Color watercolour pens; Sakura Stardust pen (clear); pastel pencil (white); Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear); Posca pens (red, white);
Tools: Tracy Evans snippet stencil SS6 - Bauble; Lavinia acetate Mini Hill masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

12 Months of Christmas #115 - Anything Christmas Goes (4th entry)
ABC Christmas ChallengeU is for Unusual Christmas Colours
Allsorts #802Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Dream Valley #323Anything Goes (2nd entry)
FarmQuest Country Christmas #13Anything Country Christmas Goes
Simon Says - Celebrating 20 Years of Distress #SSS20YearsofDistress
Sparkles Christmas #165 - Use the word “Christmas” (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #669/670Anything Goes (4th entry)

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

2 comments:

Liz said...

Wonderful card Pauline, I love the scene you’ve created in the bauble.
Liz xx

brenda said...

A very pretty creation Pauline, it's amazing what you can get into a small space, found that with the Lavinia sticker stencils, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge again.

B x