Sunday 11 September 2022

Simple make today


Hi everyone,

As some of you will know, this week’s Allsorts challenge was cancelled as a mark of respect following the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, and I haven’t posted for a while due to being so busy with my house refurbishments. So I thought I would just share a simple card I made earlier with you today… like many people, I’m not really in the mood for crafting at the moment.


I wanted to try the technique of blending Distress Oxide inks against the edge of a piece of paper to firm stripes - a technique I have seen in various places and I also received a beautiful card from Kathy K that used it and which very much inspired this card 😀

I blended Distress Oxide inks against the edge of paper to form both horizontal and vertical stripes in 4 colours, then very lightly sponged grey DO through my dotty stencil before stamping my flowers and sentiment using Versafine Clair. 

Stamps: Unity Stamps - Insightful Meadows;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Twisted Citron, Fossilized Amber, Kitsch Flamingo, Ripe Persimmon, Hickory Smoke); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist, Charming Pink);
Tools: Tim Holtz stencil - Dot Fade.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Ally’s Angels #62 - Anything Goes
Craft Rocket #96 - Spots and/or Stripes
Crafty Catz #605 - Anything Goes with option Use a Stencil - TOP 3
Creative Inspirations (September) - Spots and/or Stripes
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2236 - Anything Goes - HONORARY MENTION
Word Art Wednesday #559/560 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Just a low key card, as like many people I’m sure, I’m feeling a bit discombobulated by the sad events of this week. Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

4 comments:

Sarn said...

Lovely card and a great technique to try out. Xxx

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

Linby said...

You've achieved a great look with that technique, very nice.

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Love the spots and stripe background. Sets off the stamp beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT