Thursday 15 September 2022

Happy anniversary


... to my wonderful husband ❤️  One of the things I love best about having returned to crafting the past 18 months is that I am now back to making "special" cards for him for birthday, Christmas and anniversaries ... I'm not especially imaginative when it comes to thinking of original ideas for men's cards, but I love sitting down to make the effort.  

Here is an 8 x 8 inch Lavinia card I made for him, featuring the cute hedgies "Wallace Family".


I used various circle, hill and cloud masks to create a blended scenescape with  Distress oxide inks, then stamped my hedgies, trees, flowers and foliage using various shades of Versafine Clair and highlighted the sun and hedgies with Sakura Stardust pens. I background stamped my heart script, though I had to cut out my original circle panel and mount onto a separate background square, as the first attempt at masking my original blended circle did not stamp properly!! I stamped foliage using my large circle mask then attached my image panel, and stamped my sentiments before matting everything simply on dark green card stock.

I must admit that although acetate masks are ideal for ink blending, I do struggle when stamping using them, as the thickness of the mask means that the image doesn't stamp right to the edge of the masked area ... I have ended up hand cutting paper circle masks for stamping but it isn't ideal - I would welcome any feedback on how any one approaches this.

I also decorated the envelope to match ... only noticed after I had taken the pic that I had not "grounded" the hedgies, so I sorted that out afterwards!


Stamps: Lavinia - Wallace Family, Forest Scene, Trees, Skeleton Tree Scene, Bluebells, Birds, Single Heart Mini, Mini Leaf 1, Background Script; Anniversary sentiment - Woodware; Husband sentiment - Fizzy Moon;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Iced Spruce, Tumbled Glass, Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Pinecone, Rainforest, Green Oasis, Warm Breeze, Golden Meadow, Tulip Red); Versafine (Sepia, Majestic Blue); Sakura Stardust pens (yellow, clear);
Tools: Press to Impress large circle mask; Lavinia circle and hill masks; home made cloud mask.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafts Galore Encore #103 - Anything Goes 
Crafty Animals #65 - Anything Goes With an Animal
Love To Craft #70 - Anything Goes 
Love To Scrap #157 - Anything Goes 
Moving Along With the Times #146 - Trees and/or Leaves
Sheepski #66 - Feature a Creature
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Little Critters
We Love Stamping (September) - Anything Goes With Stamping

We'll be having a day of relaxation today with a meal out tonight. so I'm hoping it will be a lovely day!

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

11 comments:

Sarn said...

Happy Anniversary.

You've made a lovely card for your husband. xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Pauline,
I love this wonderful Anniversary card.
Your design looks very stunning and your fab scene you have created is gorgeous.
Love the super wreath and the sweet Hedgies.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT
PS Have you tried masking fluid.

Linby said...

It's so beautiful! I use post it notes for my masking, you can buy ones that have adhesive all over too.

brenda said...

Happy Anniversary Pauline, lovely card for Hubby.

B x

brenda said...

Meant to say ditto to what Jenny said, masking fluid is a go to for me.

B x

brenda said...

Popped back to say thanks for sharing at We Love Stamping, doing something I rarely do trying to comment on tablet as on a hospital interlude.

B x

Ellibelle said...

Super cute Pauline! Love it!
Happy Anniversary to both of you!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is amazing, Pauline. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Word Art Wednesday and please join us again soon.

Mervi said...

Fabulous and adorable card Pauline!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping September Challenge;-))m

SarahR said...

Hello Pauline - I hope you and your hubby had a wonderful Anniversary - I'm sure he loved this fabulous card! I am in awe of the scene you have created - it's gorgeous! I can't offer any advice on using masking as it's not a technique I use very often.

Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
Sarah - DT

Kim said...

Great card. I papercraft and make cards for the same reason. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.