Saturday 3 September 2022

Allsorts Challenge #692


Good morning everyone,

It's Saturday so it's time for another  Allsorts Challenge. Summer holidays are over so we are now back to weekly challenges - Dena has chosen this week's theme and it is

*** Anything Goes with option of School Days ***

This week's fab prize is a Sizzix die.


Here's my card for this week, following the Anything Goes option..


This is my first Christmas card using my new Visible Image Chrimbo stamps - it is more traditional than I have been used to making, but I rather like this style for a change. 

First I made a smoosh background with Distress Oxide inks, then stamped my background wording with Versamark and heat embossed with white tinsel EP. I stamped my robin and branch using Pinecone Versafine Clair, then stamped again onto separate card, coloured with Distress Inks and Distress Oxides, fussy cut and attached on top of the background stamping... I also stamped, coloured and fussy cut my holly. I stamped my sentiments direct onto my image panel using Versafine Clair, then matted the finished piece onto dark blue linen cardstock and onto my base card. I finished off with some white Posca pen spatter dots to imitate snow falling.

Stamps: Visible Image - Christmas Robin, Distressed Christmas;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass, Barn Door, Frayed Burlap, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness); Distress Ink (Walnut Stain); Versafine Clair (Pinecone, Tulip Red, Nocturne); Versafine (Majesztic Blue); Versamark; white tinsel embossing powder; white Posca pen.

Challenges I would like to enter:

As You Like It - Favourite Card Base Shape and Why
(Mine is square .. it is just a good shape to fit an image and sentiment, and is what I make most of the time)
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge #35 2022 - Anything Goes With Colouring
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2235 - Birds - HONORARY MENTION
Simon Says (Monday) - Make Your Own Background
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Time Out #221 - Festive

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

12 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous traditional Christmas card, I love a robin on a festive card.
Lorraine

brenda said...

I thought that was an A&C stamp, it's almost identical to one of theirs, very pretty card though Pauline.

B x

Ellibelle said...

Love how this turned, so very beautiful and nicely colored!

coldwaters2 said...

WOW this is so beautiful Pauline that image of the Robin is awesome I love the embossed background this is one superb festive make
hugs
lolo x

Kim Heggins said...

this is so beautiful, just love your gorgeous Christmas bird! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

Mervi said...

Fabulous background and lovely bird umage, fabulous card.

Sarn said...

Fabulous Christmas card. Love how you did the background and that robin is just lovely xxx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Christmas card with your lovely robin and square card shape..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linby said...

This is so beautiful, I could look at it all day. Love the shade of blues and the cute robin.

My Side of Oz said...

That gorgeous blue background with the frosty accents works so well with this beautiful robin! Fantastic card! Thanks for playing with us at Through The Craft Room Door! Nan, DT

Marjeta said...

Beautiful card. Love the stamps and gorgeous background. Thanks for playing with us at Colour Crazy.

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful Christmas card ! Love this gorgeous Robin and the wonderful background you've made to pop it up. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.