Saturday 2 May 2009

Penny Black Challenge #47 & Exciting News

It's Saturday and it's Week 47 of the Penny Black Saturday Challenge - where do the weeks go to?? Not long before our challenge blog will be a whole year old - woo hoo! And the support we are getting each week just gets better and better - so thankyou!! Sorry I haven't visited too many of your entries for last week as I've had a stinking head cold the past few days, but I'm sure they're all up to their usual fab standard! Don't forget to check out who has won the fantastic transparent set of stamps which was last week's prize.

Onto this week's challenge which is

Shapes

We would like to see three different shapes on your card (not including the card itself). The DT has been busy creating some fabulous samples so please do go and check them out via the challenge blog.

Before I show you my card, we have some exciting news .... yes we have a fantastic new sponsor - not just for this week but the last Saturday of every month!


Penny Black Stamps (formerly HM Stamps) is a huge online Peny Black retailer which has more than 1800 Penny Blacks in stock, covering everything from vintage stamps from the 1990's through to the very latest releases (yes, the new May 2009 releases are all there!) I'm sure many of you will already be familiar with them, but if not I suggest you rush on over, but wait until you have a bit of time 'cos you'll be browsing their catalogues for hours!

This week's prize is a $15 voucher to spend in store - so what are you waiting for?

My card is pretty simple this week due to not feeling my best, so I hope it passes muster. In honour of our new sponsor I have used a stamp that PB Stamps features in its "soon to be retired" section - where you can get stamps which are in short supply. I think they currently have approx 45 of this stamp left. I have to confess I have owned it for months and never inked it up before - naughty!

My three shapes are rectangle (the image), stars and balloon ... I have decoupaged the balloon on the image although the pic doesn't catch it that well.


Recipe:
Image: Penny Black "Cake Dance";
Paper: Papermania "Sweet Nothings";
Supplies: Papermania "Gemstones" cardstock punched with X-Cut corner star punch - used without corner guides in X-Cut border system, alternating direction - and matted onto silver holographic mirri card; Papermania star gems; ribbon from my stash.

Have a great weekend, and looking forward to seeing your creations :-)

15 comments:

ribenaruby said...

This is beautiful Pauline, what fab news, hope you're shrugging off that nasty cold, have a bright sunny weekend! Ruby x

Spyder said...

Lovely card and for once I'm going to have a go this time!!

(Hopefully)

((Lyn))

Mephisto said...

Wonderful Card Dear!
I like the Cake Dance *g*
And its great, that we have a new Sponsor!!!

Hugs
Domi

Marcea said...

Love this image sweetie and you have done a fab job :o)
I think it is brill we have this new sponsor - love the site!!
Get well sonn darling!
-x-

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Pauline,l love the stamp.

Hugs Riet.x

mueppi said...

Gorgeous card and lovely image and colours!
Hugs Gisela

Helen said...

Fabby card! Love the papers & image!
Hope you feel better by your birthday! :0)
Helen x

Debbie said...

A fabulous card Pauline the image is adorable and I love the pretty papers and ribbon.
I hope you are feeling much better soon and enjoy the BH weekend! Debbie x

Beth said...

Such a cute and fun card Pauline! I love the star punched border and the sweet hedgies! I hope you're enjoying the weekend! xx

Bev said...

Brilliant card hun, that stamp is just so cute. Love the punched panel too, really efective! x

Jackie said...

I love this stamp...great card as always, hope you feel better soon.

Jackie x

tracie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY hun, hope your having a wonderful day... and received lots of gorgeous goodies..
Oh wow what a cute card hun, love this image ~ gorgeous.
Hugs
Tracie :)x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Pauline...another beautiful stamp you've used.
Fabulous news about the sponsor! I've got some stamps on order right now...LOL.
Thanks for changing your setting to allow Open ID..makes life much easier.
Hugs
Carole x

stephanne said...

Hi Pauline,

I am glad to see you've inked up this adorable stamp. What a precious creation, love the shapes you've chosen.
Stephanne

Tasha said...

Wow this card is beautiful! Love the dottie and stripey paper it looks perfect with the cute image! Loving the happy birthday ribbon
love tasha xx