Wednesday 20 May 2009

A little cutie!


This week's Creative Card Crew Challenge #11 is shape it - ie. make an unusual shaped card. This is rather outside my comfort zone and not something I do very often, but I fancied a change (and I must confess I could also fancy the fab prize of 2 WOJ stamps that is on offer this week :-) )

I have previously made a circle card using my X-Cut Shapecutter system, and have read about people making small circular cards with their nesties ... so it struck me that I could follow the same principle with my new Peony nesties. As well as creating an unusual shaped card, the peony shape also has the beauty of standing up easily without "rolling".

The card itself is very simple, not least of all because it is so dinky in size that there is not a lot of space to play with! I stamped the PB image "A tender hug" then watercoloured it and decorated it with a few Papermania gemstones. I then cut both the image and a piece of patterned paper using my nested peonies, and inked all the edges with blue Colorbox Q pigment ink. I finished off the card very simply with a couple of diecut butterflies and a heart which matched my paper - (all were free in issue 1 of Creative Cardmaking magazine), and just found enough room for a Cuttlebug diecut greeting.


The inside of the card is very small, but I managed to use up another co-ordinating diecut from the magazine which I thought fitted quite nicely!

I have also found another new challenge blog called Fun with Shapes and More, which requires the use of something cut with either a punch or diecutting system ... and this week Challenge #3 is flowers .... so I hope that a hedgie holding flowers sitting on floral paper and a diecut peony will cover that lol!
Finally, I just spotted that this week's Cuttlebug Be Inspired Challenge #32 is butterflies and hearts - ideally using the CB butterflies and hearts cut'n' mboss combo die, but otherwise any dies you have to hand. Well I did cut my sentiment using a Cuttlebug cut'n'emboss die and the card does have diecut butterflies and flowers ... so I hope it qualifies !

16 comments:

mckinkle said...

Ooh its gorgeous! The peony shape is so beautiful!
Keryn :D

Helen said...

Awww...how sweet! Love your new Nesties...I've just got the 'Blossom' ones, and was going to use those for the CCC challenge too! lol
Helen x

Nilla said...

So sweet, I love the finish after the card! hugs Nilla

BA said...

hi pauline
what a beautiful card, love the card form
thanks for joing us at shapes and more
xoxoxo BA

Sabine said...

Your card is so sweet! I really like your new nesties and everything about your card!

Thanks for yoining us this week at fun with shapes and more!

Hugs
Sabine

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Pauline,l love the image and colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Marcea said...

this is so sweet, i just love it! Now what a bargain that mag turned out to be, still using the freebies - I loved them too
-x-

Joey said...

Hiya Pauline, gorgeous card, I love the butterflies and gorgeous pb hedgy. Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.x

Chrissie said...

Very appropriately named... he is a real cutie!
Chrissie

Karen said...

What an adorable little creature on your card! :) I love your card and thanks for playing along this week at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot!

cats whiskers said...

Oh Wow what a fab card love the colours and that great image, brilliant shape sweetie, its nice to be back have missed you all
Hugs Jacqui x

Pop's Cards said...

I love what you have done here, fantastic, have a great weekend hugs Pops x x x

Nicola said...

Fantastic card Pauline, this shape is gorgeous just like your cute image and wonderful detail.
Nicola -x-

Rach said...

this is so sweet pauline.xx

ribenaruby said...

Absolutely love this shaped card and what a fab job on the inside. Great!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

I think this is stunning Pauline. A beautiful shape and the butterflies look so pretty on it.
Sharon xx