Tuesday 21 October 2008

Sarah Kay Treats .... and a cupcake


Until yesterday I had only ever made one Sarah Kay card with a swapped image from Cathy, but I loved the image so much I bought my first Sarah Kay stamp on my outing to Port Sunlight craft fair, and was raring to go with it ....

This week's Sarah Kay Challenge #16 is Treat Yourself .... make something that ties in with your favourite treats eg. chocolates, cakes etc. Now I love chocs and cakes as much as the next woman, but my imagination and talent failed me when it came to making stuff like dinky boxes and bags to pop treats into. So ..... I took my mind off in a different direction - I needed to make another image wallet for a friend .... and what is more of a "treat" for us crafters than getting an image wallet through the post (all the joy of the stamp without the credit card bill LOL!!) So that is what I have made!



I also used the sketch from this week's Cupcake Craft Challenge #10, which I thought seemed particularly apt seeing as we're talking about edible treats :-) Unfortunately my eyesight must be going, cos it is only now as I load the pic that I have noticed where the sentiment should go - oops!! My excuse is that I was distracted by the logo LOL!! Well anyway - I did my best !

I used: stamp by Sarah Kay; background/inner papers by BasicGrey "Two Scoops"; flowers by Cardology and Prima; pearl brad and flower gem by Papermania; peeloff greeting, buttons and ribbon from my stash.

12 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous wallet card Pauline!
Cakes or crafting goodies?...it's a toughie! lol
Helen x

Dawny P said...

It's gorge Pauline. Fabulous colours and I love the way you coloured your image. That lace is just sooo pretty. ohh I just love this xxxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fantastic wallet card and what a great twist on the 'Treat' theme...you certainly have got it right for a crafter!
Sharon

Lauren said...

Gorgeous Card, It doesn't matter that the sentiment is in the wrong place, it looks beautiful Thanks for joining in this week. xx

craft mad Jenny said...

gorgeous card, thanks for joining the cupcake challenge this week!

jenny

Sarah said...

Great card, thanks for joining in on the challenge this week :)

Bev said...

This is fabulous Pauline - love your take on the challenge

hugs BEv x

Jilly said...

beautiful card I love the colours, thanks for joining ccc this week

Rach said...

a gorgeous wallet Pauline. a great take on the challenge. Hugs rachxx

Mephisto said...

Thats a great Idea.

Domi

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, this is gorgeous so cute.......The colors are great and your coloring is fantastic.......

Hugs
Heike

Anonymous said...

Pauline I love hte colours you have used for this card I have not got any of this kind of stamp but just love this image!! those chicks are so cute too! lovely job! Samantha :0)