Sunday 26 October 2008

One stamp, two ways (part 1)


I have loved the Penny Black stamp "Let It Snow" for quite a while, so when I heard it may be getting discontinued I just had to order it to be on the safe side! So I sat down yesterday to press on with the Chrimbo cards, and brought the little fella out to play.

First of all, I completed a card for this week's Friday Sketchers #25 . This was a great sketch to work with, and I had a fun time looking out various co-ordinating papers and ribbons. Looking at it today I'm thinking maybe it looks a bit busy, but hey - making it was great fun!

I used: main image Penny Black "Let It Snow" coloured wtih watercolour pencils and Cosmic Shimmers, decorated with white peewee glitter (on the snowflakes) and Glossy Accents (on the puddle); sentiment is Penny Black "A Wish..."; background papers by Reminisce; buttons by Doodlebug; wide ribbons from local market; Dovecraft snowflake brad.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Your card is so cute. Love the image and the blue colors. Thank you for joining FS this week

Hugs from
Heidi

Helen said...

Ooohhhh - I love this one too!!!
Gorgeous colours, and that sentiment stamp is fab!
Helen x

Cardmaking Galore said...

Lovely card!