Today I am visiting the Happy Stampers North West craft show at Port Sunlight, which is a fabulous twice-yearly stampfest plus everything else card-related. This will be my third time at the show, but the first time I have plucked up courage to enter a card into the festival competition.
The theme is "Starlight, starbright", and entrants can interpret this any way they want. The rules are just that the card must contain mostly stamped elements, and must not be bigger than 6" square.
Having recently bought the Penny Black "Cat on the moon" stamp on my craft weekend away at Penrith Crafts, I felt inspired to create a card around the theme of wishing on a star. I used:
- main image is PB "Cat on the moon", coloured with USArtQuest pearlescent paints and Cosmic Shimmers (twinklier than it looks in the pic - the moon is really quite silver LOL!)
- I created my first ever shaker card using tiny iridescent stars and small silver stars confetti from my local market, and silver star holographic card for the frame.
- The frame is matted onto gorgeous midnight blue and silver handmade paper which I was lucky enough to win on my craft weekend from Penrith Crafts, and then matted onto subbtle blue starred paper from Paper Adventures.
- The sentiment around the edge is "make a wish" from the PB transparent set "Party Critters", embossed in silver.
- I punched the corners with a X-Cut corner punch, and decorated the background paper with tiny blue and silver Paermania star gems.