Friday, 4 September 2026

I’m Late! … I’m Late!! … 🍁🍂


… for a very important date!

Hi everyone, what with one thing and another I’ve neither had much time nor motivation to make my September calendar page, so for the first time ever the first of the month rolled around and it wasn’t ready! ☺️ I finally managed to get myself into gear though yesterday afternoon, so here it is. This page is inspired by a previous autumnal card I made here, with a few changes to reflect the bigger space on this page. I particularly wanted to incorporate toadstools into the design, as they are the printed illustration on the page.


I cut a piece of stamping card 19.5cm x 14.5cm, and created a background by blending Sundance, Sahara, Russet Orange and Paprika Elements inks, working outwards with increasingly darker shades. I edged the panel with Spectrum Noir Harmony dye ink in Bordeaux to add depth, then began stamping. I stamped Tree Goddess Luna using Nocturne VFC, then a variety of Toadstools at varying heights and some trailing oak leaves using Pinecone. I then added in some landscaping and a harvest moon using Vintage Photo Distress Ink, hill and circle masks. I then stamped some falling leaves in various autumnal shades, and masked the tallest toadstools so I could stamp background trees using Portobello VFC and autumn text using Sand Dune. I added a couple of loved up hedgies and a heart (a nod to our wedding anniversary this month) plus an owl flying across the moon, then coloured the toadstools and leaves with Zig pens and the fairy wings with Sakura Stardust pens. To finish I added some white Posca accents, then attached the finished panel to my calendar.

Here’s an angled pic to show the sparkly wings. 


Stamps: Lavinia Luna Tree Goddess, The Wallace Family, Elfin Cap Cluster, Oak Leaf Flourish, Oak Leaves, Spring Trees, Brodwin and Maylin, Wild Foliage, Mushrooms Mini, Leaf 1 Mini, Single Heart Mini, Winter Spice;
Media: Lavinia Elements inks (Sundance, Sahara, Russet Orange, Paprika); Spectrum Noir Harmony dye ink (); Tim Holtz Distress ink (Vintage Photo); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Pinecone, Portobello, Sand Dune); Kuretake Zig Clean Color watercolour pens; Sakura Stardust pens (Red, yellow, orange); Posca pen (white);
Tools: Lavinia acetate Hill Mask and Circle mask.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafty Animals #109 - Include an Animal
Creative Inspiration #42 - Anything Goes
Heart’s Quest #87 - Anything with a Heart Goes with option Red Hearts (2nd entry)
Heart’s Quest Fantasy #54 - Anything Fantasy Goes
Love to Craft #94 - Anything Goes
Love to Scrap #181 - Anything Goes
Moving Along With the Times #193 - Four Legged Friends
{PIN}spirational #341 - Orange, Red, Brown and Yellow


We Love 2 Create #8 2026 - Anything Mixed Media/Papercrafting Goes (2nd entry)

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

16 comments:

Aquarius said...

Gorgeous scene to greet you each time you look at your calendar this month. Lots of commenting to catch up with - couldn't comment at all yesterday for some reason

Darlene said...

Beautifully done Pauline! WOW how can we possibly be in September already? Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Four Seasons Co-Owner

Sarn said...

A fabulous autumnal calendar page. Lovely work .xxx

Chris said...

A beautiful page for September Pauline, a magical scene in gorgeous colours.
xx

Liz said...

A fabulous design for the September page of your calendar, Pauline.
Liz xx

Becca Sadler said...

Hello, Pauline!!! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! We appreciate your dreamy calendar page being shared at HQFCB (fantasy/fairy), HQCB (red heart opt theme) and Pinspirational (4 colors: red, yellow, orange & brown)!!! Wonderful layering of inks and stamping! -- Becca S

ScrappyHorses said...

Ooh, what a magical page bringing late summer/early fall to life! The colors definitely show the heat mixing with the leaves turning early we are experiencing here. ...and as for the mushrooms...I have seen fairy circles for the first time in my life! This page is a perfect replica of our September here! Thanks for sharing with us at The Outlawz Anything but a Card. Katrina

Ellibelle said...

Hi Pauline, sorry I'm a bit late visiting. Life has been a bit crazy!
Love how this gorgeous page came together. So many wonderful autumn elements and fantastic color scheme! It's magical and beautiful!

Kathyk said...

Superb calendar page

Kathyk

Fiona said...

Ooh such yummy colours Pauline - perfect for this time of year. I must admit I cheat with my calendars - I keep last years and just add new months - shh don't tell anyone. Thanks for sharing with us at Love to craft

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Autumn page and colours, love all the beautiful stamps and scene you created.
Carol x

Xanadu said...

Very pretty, I love anything magical or fantasy themed, though it's spring down here. 😊
Big hugs,
X

HilaryJane said...

Who cares that you are few days late finishing this. Then end result is wonderful and now you can enjoy it for almost a full month xx

Deanne Saunders said...

Gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Deanne Saunders said...

Me again!! Thanks so much, as well, for participating in our ANYTHING BUT A CARD challenge!!!

Wendy R. said...

What a fabulous September scene! I love the warm autumn colours, the sweet fairy, those adorable hedgehogs and all those wonderfully quirky mushrooms. There is so much to discover here, it feels like a tiny enchanted woodland party! Thank you for joining the challenge and sharing your creativeness with us at HQFCB ❤️