Wednesday, 16 September 2026

I Spy With My Little Eye #41


Hi everyone, September is really flying by, and it’s time  for a new I Spy With My Little Eye... challenge over at Ellibelle's Corner. Thanks so much to everyone who joined in last time - please do check over on Ellie’s blog to see if you are one of our top picks. 

This month it was my turn to choose the theme, which is

I Spy With My Little Eye 

*** Background text ***

Please don’t forget to pop over to Ellie's blog to see her fab creation and link up your entries here.

We are also delighted to welcome Diane as guest designer -  - so please do click on her name to visit her blog and view her beautiful creation.

Here’s my card for the challenge. I always associate background text with a vintage look, though of course that doesn’t have to be the case. I felt inspired to use an AALL & Create set of border stamps I received for my birthday and hadn’t inked up yet, along with a focal flower I don’t think I have ever used even though it is part of a set I’ve had for a long time!


I cut a piece of stamping card 6.5” x 4.5” and created a smooshed background by applying dye inks using acetate spritzed with water. I then stamped the focal flower using Nocturne Versafine Clair, and the background text and film strip using Morning Mist. I stamped the script and butterfly again in Nocturne onto separate card, then coloured the flower and butterfly using Zig pens, and highlighted the flower with white pastel pencil. I added some background stencilling with Della Blue Elements ink, then added a sentiment sticker with two stamped birdies sitting on top. I matted the panel onto a purple border and a 7” x 5” card blank, then to finish I fussy cut and attached the butterfly on top of the original stamping, and added Spectrum Noir sparkle pen to the wings.

Stamps: AALL & Create #648 Friendship Florals, TP-1334 Splatter Film; Tracy Evans Boutique Designs TE30 Garden Elements;
Media: Lavinia Elements ink (Della Blue); Spectrum Noir Harmony dye ink (Pale Fig);  Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist); Kuretake Zig Clean Color watercolour pens; Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear); Posca pen (white); pastel pencil (white); 
Tools: Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Ally’s Angels #110 - Anything Goes
Beautiful Blossoms #45 - Anything Floral Goes
Crafts Galore Encore #151 - Anything Goes - TOP PICK
Crafty Catz #719 - Anything Goes
Creative Crafters #104 - Anything Goes
Creative Inspiration #42 - Anything Goes (2nd entry) - TOP 3
DL.Art (September) - Anything Goes
Ellibelle’s Garden Party #19 - Anything In or From a Garden
NBUS #90 - Use Your Never-Before-Used Schtuff
(‘Splatter Film’ background stamp)
Neglected Stuff (September) - Use Neglected Supplies - WINNER
(the main floral image)
Paper Funday #91 - Anything Goes
Path of Positivity #143 - Anything Goes Positive
Sparkles #204 - Your Favourite Technique
(ink smooshing)
Triple B (September) - Birds, Blooms and/or Butterflies

The I Spy Challenge will end on the Sunday before the next challenge starts at 23:59 US Central Time - so this time that is Sunday October 18th, and the next challenge will begin on Wednesday October 21st.

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

21 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful card Pauline, love the background and beautiful flower and butterfly.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Sparkles.
Carol DT x

Darlene said...

Oh Pauline, you are after my heart with this gorgeous purple creation! Beautifully crafted (no surprise there!). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B, Stencil Fun & Neglected Stuff challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B Challenge Co-Owner
Stencil Fun Co-Owner
Neglected Stuff Co-Owner

Jules said...

Hi Pauline
This is truly beautiful .. .. I love everything about it, but especially that gorgeous butterfly.
Many thanks for your kind comment on my blog, very much appreciated.
Love and hugs
Jules xoxoxox

Barb Finnical said...

Pauline, you have created such a lovely card! All of the little details are so perfect together. I especially love that background and the two birds. That sentiment really pops too. Everything ties together so well with that beautiful flower. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your participation!

Ellibelle said...

Your card is absolutely stunning Pauline! I love these colors and gorgeous mix of TE stamps. It came together so nicely!
PS: I'm sorry if you already tried to comment on my card... I somehow forgot it hit "publish" on my own post yesterday when I was finishing it up!!

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Pauline. I love the layout of your design and the beautiful colour choice.
Wishing you a belated Happy Anniversary.
Liz xx

Wendy R. said...

Such a beautiful card! 💜 I love the gorgeous purple flowers against that soft vintage background, and the butterflies and little birds add such lovely details. So much to look at without it ever feeling too busy. A real beauty from top to bottom! 🦋✨ Thank you for joining the challenge at Ally’s Angels. We can’t wait to see you in the gallery again ❤️

Sarn said...

WOW! That’s a beautiful card. Brilliant background and gorgeous focal flower. Top marks! Xxx

Ellibelle said...

So happy you shared this at my Garden Party!

Diane said...

An absolutely gorgeous floral card and thanks too for having me as a guest designer!!

Darnell said...

This is a WOWZA design, Pauline! I think these elements were just patiently waiting for you to create such a beautiful work of art! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! (In future, please note there is a ten-challenge limit in the rules.) Hugs, Darnell

Aquarius said...

Love the subtle background stamping and the flower is beautifully coloured. The little birds are a great finishing touch. Apologies for the delay in commenting - reading list issue still not totally resolved although a few items have started to move to the top of my list.

ScrappyHorses said...

So beautiful in the lavender tones. Great layout of images making for a lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity. Katrina

Chris said...

Wow! This is gorgeous Pauline, a gorgeous background for that stunning flower, a lovely monochromatic design.
Thank you for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge at Crafty Catz.
Chris x

Vicky Wright said...

That flower really pops. Beautiful background. Thank you so much for playing along with The Paper Funday Challenge.

Pamela said...

thank you for sharing your favorite technique - ink smooching with us at Sparkle Challenge

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous and I love the Purple color palette! Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms and Paper Funday Challenges, and we hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge

valscraftings said...

Congratulations you made Top3 for our challenge #42
https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com/

Andree said...

A beautiful card. Lovely background details and wonderful images.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore September Challenge “Anything Goes” x

Amanda said...

Oh how beautiful! What an inspired look! I love those layered elements and details :) You really created a stunner of a card - and in monotone, too!!! Thank you for joining the Beautiful Blossoms monthly challenge! We always look forward to seeing your inspired creations and hope you join us for next month's challenge! ~ Amanda

Jules said...

Hi Pauline
This is gorgeous .. .. and uses my favourite colours.
I particularly love the background you created and that stunning butterfly.
Yes, September disappeared super fast, just like the rest of 2026!
Love and hugs
Jules xoxo