Saturday, 3 October 2026

With Love and Sympathy


Hi everyone, I haven’t been doing any crafting due to a recent holiday, a couple of slight health issues, and general life busy-ness! However I needed a sympathy card so I quickly got busy.  I always think that sympathy cards should be simple and understated, as their primary purpose is not to showcase our crafty prowess, and this one is about as simple as it gets.


I cut a 14cm square of white stamping card, and created a soft watercolour flower spray by colouring my stamp with Zig pens then lightly spritzing with water. I created a soft watercolour wash around the flowers with watered down Elements ink, then stamped the sentiment using Medieval Blue Versafine Clair and the birds using Morning Mist. I matted the panel onto a dark blue border and then a 6” square card blank. I hope it has a tranquil feel to it.

Stamps: Unity Stamps Insightful Meadows; Lavinia Birds, Heartfelt Verses;
Media: Versafine Clair (Medieval Blue, Morning Mist); Kuretake Zig Clean Color watercolour pens; Lavinia Elements ink (Della Blue).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Beautiful Blossoms #45 - Anything Floral Goes (2nd entry)
Crafty Catz #720 - Anything Goes
Creative Crafters #104 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Creative Inspiration #43 - Anything Goes
Love to Craft #94 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Triple B (October) - Birds, Blooms and/or Butterflies

Hope you are all having a great weekend. Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

No comments: