Hi everyone, I’ve been missing in action for a couple of weeks as I’ve had a week’s holiday in Weymouth, where we had a fantastic time in a charming olde worlde cottage in the old harbour quarter with great sightseeing and wonderful hot sunny weather. Not really had any time for crafting, but I had to get busy over the past couple of days as my August calendar page was due! Inspired by the illustration of Bumble and Hum on the calendar page plus the summery weather we have been having, I created a sunflower meadow scene. It’s not my best as I felt a bit rushed, but at least I can turn the calendar page over now!!
I cut a piece of white stamping card 19.5cm x 14.5cm and stamped the focal sunflowers and bees. I masked them with masking sheet then created the background by blending Elements inks. I removed the masks and coloured the sunflowers and bees with Zig pens, adding some white Posca accents, plus some gold Wink of Stella. I stamped some additional meadow flowers and grasses, which I also accented with white Posca. Finally I added Glossy Accents to the sunflower centres and added a sticker sentiment.
Stamps: Lavinia Open Sunflower, Bumble and Hum, Summer Flowers, Field Grass, Winter Foliage;
Media: Lavinia Elements inks (Blue Lagoon, Blue Toll, Green Parrot, Pine); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Avocado,Shady Lane, Sand Dune); Kuretake Zig Clean Color watercolour pens; Wink of Stella (gold); Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear); Posca pen (white); Glossy Accents;
Other: Lavinia sentiment stickers 6.
Challenges I would like to enter:
Beautiful Blossoms #43 - Anything Floral Goes (5th entry)
Creative Color Girlz #7 - Summer
Everybody Art #603 - Summertime (2nd entry)
Four Seasons (August) - Summer
Girlz & the Art of Letters #32 - F is for .. - TOP 3
(Flowers)
Outlawz Anything but a Card (August) - Anything but a Card
Paper Funday (July) - Anything Goes
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Sisterhood of Crafters (July) - Flowers (2nd entry)
Try It on Tuesday - Summer Blooms
Word Art Wednesday #762/763 - Anything Goes
Here are a few photos from my recent holiday …. Some lovely scenery and great places to visit in that part of the world.
Weymouth Harbour
Portland Castle
Hope everyone is having a great weekend, whatever you’re doing. Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,














21 comments:
Your holiday pictures are absolutely beautiful, wonderful scenery and happy to hear you had a wonderful time!
And a great calendar page for August, such a beautiful floral scene you created! So happy you shared with us at the Four Seasons challenge!
A beautiful sunny image for your August calendar page and thanks for sharing pictures from your lovely holiday in sunny Dorset. I recall climbing to the top of that lighthouse when I was a school girl many years ago.
A lovely summer scene with the sunflowers. Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Beautiful Summery calendar page, love the beautiful sunflowers and little Bees. Love the scenery holiday pics especially the lighthouse.
Carol x
OMG what a fun & fabulous calendar page! Love those little bees lol. WOW your holiday looks AMAZING ... thanks for sharing the photos! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Four Seasons Co-Owner
Your image is perfect for August. I am glad you got it done. It looks fab. Thanks for sharing your holiday snaps too. What beautiful places xx
It's a lovely calendar page Pauline, the sunflowers look so bright and cheery. Looks like you've had a fabulous week away - great photos.
Avril xx
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Pauline, I love your calendar page! Those little bees are adorable, and the background is wonderful. Perfect to show off those sunflowers! I absolutely loved seeing the pictures of your vacation. Gold Hill looks absolutely amazing! I’m so glad you had a good time, and I’m glad you’re back to crafting! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your participation!
A gorgeous summer scene for your calendar - love the sunflowers.
Glad you had a lovely holiday - your photos look great.
Lorraine x
This beautiful calendar page really captures the feeling of summer in the air. The sunflowers and all the grassy stitchworts are simply magnificent and wonderfully designed; you can easily picture a splendid meadow. Plus, every detail is colored so beautifully—it really is nature at its finest. The bees look so lifelike, too; it’s lovely how they are looking at each other.
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful work in the "Everybody Art Challenges."
Hugs, Uschi
And thank you, too, for letting us share in your recent vacation. Your photos show a truly magnificent trip. I visited Stonehenge myself a long time ago and thought it was beautiful there.
I love sunflowers and this months' calendar page is gorgeous for the Dog Days of Summer. Thanks for sharing those amazing holiday pics too. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday and Beautiful Blossoms Challenges, we hope you'll join us again this month!
Donna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
I am so happy seeing all those pictures, because we visited almost all places during holidays with our motorhome! And your calander page is just amazing!
Lia DT TSOC
Beautiful summery calendar page. Love the photo’s you took on your recent holiday. I LOVE Dorset and the surrounding area. xxx
I love that calendar page with the sunflowers and bees. It is perfect for Try It on Tuesday and our last challenge. Sorry a day late getting by. And I enjoyed seeing your holiday photos too. I'm not traveling until next month and I can't wait to head out. Thanks for joining us at TIOT. hugs-Erika
Your calendar page looks amazing - very effective. Great holiday photos too.
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Helen x
DT
What a BEAUTFUL calendar image!! Honestly, it's superb! I love the way you colored everything and those Sunflowers - so cheerful!! Thank you for showing us your holiday photos, too! Thank you for joining the Beautiful Blossoms monthly challenge. We love and appreciate your submissions and look forward to seeing more in the future! ~ Amanda
Hi Pauline
What a fabulous post!
A great new page for your calendar. Gorgeous colours and I love those little bees so much.
Pleased you managed a "get away". Such a great collection of photographs too.
Love and hugs
Jules xoxo
Your calendar page is absolutely beautiful with the gorgeous color and sunflowers! The dimension is lovely and those little bees are adorable. Your vacation pictures are lovely; the pic of Gold Hill made me so curious I had to do some internet searching! ;) Thanks for sharing with us at The Outlawz Anything but a Card. Katrina
Wow, this calendar page is beautiful. It is colored wonderfully and I like the colors.
Me again!
Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge too.
Helen x
DT
Een prachtig kaartje, dank je wel voor je bijdrage aan de CCG Challenge.
Ilonka DT
Post a Comment