Hi everyone, it’s the third Wednesday in August so it’s time already for a new I Spy With My Little Eye... challenge over at Ellibelle's Corner. Thanks so much to everyone who joined in last time - please do check over on Ellie’s blog to see if you are one of our top picks.
This month it was Ellie’s turn to choose the theme, which is
I Spy With My Little Eye
*** Sunflowers or Something Yellow ***
A lovely summery theme I’m sure you’ll agree! Please don’t forget to pop over to Ellie's blog to see her fab creation and link up your entries here.
Here’s my card for the challenge. I love sunflowers and own several sunflower stamps, but I think this Visible Image one is my favourite. I decided to CASE a previous card I made three years ago - more details further down this post.
I cut a 13cm square piece of stamping card, and created a vibrant smooshed background using Lavinia Elements inks. I stamped the focal sunflower then added background script stamping in Twilight VFC, and stencilling using both Brilliance Moonlight White pigment ink, and Rainforest VFC.
I stamped the sunflower again onto a separate snippet of card and coloured with Zig pens with white Posca accents, then fussy cut and attached to the smooshed panel on top of the original image. I die cut an aperture frame into a piece of white card then cut down the piece to 16cm square. I attached the flower panel behind the aperture, then matted onto a teal border and a 7” square card blank. I stamped a bee onto separate card, coloured with Zig pens and Spectrum Noir sparkle pen on the wings, then cut out with the matching die. To finish I stamped my sentiments onto the white frame, attached the die cut bee and added Glossy Accents to the centre of the sunflower.
Media: Lavinia Elements inks (Blue Lagoon, Green Parrot, Sundance); Versafine Clair (Noctune, Twilight, Rainforest); Brilliance pigment ink (Moonlight White); Kuretake Zig Clean Color watercolour pens; Posca pen (white); Glossy Accents;
Tools: Visible Image Bee Happy die; Craft Addiction UK Stitch Craft Fusion Frames; Visible Image Off the Grid stencil.
Challenges I would like to enter:
AAA Birthday #88 - Flowers
Addicted to Stamps and More! #524 - Any Occasion
Aud Sentiments #340 - Summer + a Sentiment
Beautiful Blossoms #44 - Anything Floral Goes (2nd entry)
Classic Design Challenge #08 2026 - Anything Goes with option Use Die Cuts
Crafty Gals’ Corner - Anything Goes with option Summer Vibes
Crazy Is Our Fame, Stencils Are Our Game (August) - Use a Stencil
Creative Artiste #129 - Anything Mixed Media Goes
Creative Color Girlz #7 - Summer (2nd entry) - WINNER
Cupcake Inspirations #640 - In the Garden
A Cut Above (August) - Anything Goes with a Die Cut
Ellibelle’s Garden Party #18 - Anything In or From a Garden
Four Seasons (August) - Summer (2nd entry)
Hand Stamped Sentiments #495 - Inspiration Photo
Heidi the Yorkshire Crafter (August) - Flowers
Inkspirational #374 - Garden (2nd entry)
Inspiration Station #88 - Inspiration Photo
Passion for Markers #851 - Floral Vibes - TOP 5
Sweet Stampin’ - Summer Fun
Triple B (August) - Birds, Butterflies and/or Blooms
Unicorn Challenge #123 - Layer It Up
We Love 2 Create #8 2026 - Anything Mixed Media/Papercrafting Goes
Word Art Wednesday #766/767 - Anything Goes
As I mentioned at the start of this post, my card today was inspired by CASEing a card a made three years ago - here’s the original, and here is a link to the original post with info about how I made it.
The I Spy Challenge will end on the Sunday before the next challenge starts at 23:59 US Central Time - so this time that is Sunday September 13th, and the next challenge will begin on Wednesday September 16th.
Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,








27 comments:
A gorgeous sunflower, beautifully framed with the die used. Definitely fits the I-spy theme - such a cheerful card.
The stunning sunflower and equally gorgeous background look fabulous with and without the frame, beautiful cards Pauline.
xx
Thank you for joining in at Sweet Stampin'
Chris
x
I can see why this is your favorite sunflower stamp Pauline, it's absolutely beautiful and I love the background colors you used for this card and great mix of stamps for it too! Beautifully framed with that wonderful stitched die! So happy to see you linking up at my Garden Party!
Pauline, your card is lovely! The sunflower is beautiful, and I love the way you did that background. The addition of the bee is a really nice touch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your participation!
Lovely bold colors on your beautiful Sunflower and lovely die cut framing, Pauline! Thanks for joining us (again) at Inkspirational: Garden! Julia xx
A lovely card full of sunshine. Love sunflowers and like you say, this VI image is one of the best. xxx
Gorgeous card, Pauline. I can see why this beautiful stamp is one of your favourites. I’ve been scrolling through your recent posts I’ve missed. I’m not sure why they haven’t been coming up on my Reading List.
Liz xx
What wonderful and vibrant sunflower card. Thanks for explaining all the different elements and how you put it together xx
A gorgeous sunflower!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun, Triple B and The Four Seasons!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Stencil Fun, Triple B and The Four Seasons Co-Owner
Love your sunflower card Pauline - I really need to get my Visible Image sets out again - they've been dormant for a while. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste, Inspiration Station and ATSM
Beautiful sunflower design! Love the vintage look to this card. Thanks for sharing with A Cut Above's August Challenge.
I love Sunflowers, especially in the Autumn, and this is a lovely stamped image with great coloring. Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station and Beautiful Blossoms Challenges, and sharing your lovely card.
Donna xx
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
That is such a gorgeous card! The background you created is wonderful and I love the sunflower and bee combo. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!
HΓ© das een leuke kaart. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Creative color Girlz
Oh, this is so cute. Great dat you enjoy our challenge at Creative color girlz
Creative Hugs & Happy Crafting!
Claudia π¦
Claudia's Kaartjes
Girlz Creative Christmas
Girlz makes Guyz Cards
Girlz creative crafts
Creative sketchy girls
Girlz Rebel Challenge
Girlz Creative Fun Art of Scrap
Girlz & The Art of Letters
Girlz Creative: Splash it with color!
Creative Color girlz
A beautiful card and your colouring of this gorgeous sunflower is fab! I love the inked and stamped background you've created and the bee is adorable! Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x
Fabulous card Pauline, the sunflower looks stunning against your only background. Great framing too. Avril x
What an awesome card! Love that sunflower. Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday
A Stunning card. love it Thank you for joining us at Passion for Markers. Marlene
This is fabulous!! I love how you used the theme on your card. Thank you for playing with us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.
Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge
Your sunflower card is swoon-inducing! Gorgeous - and the bee is a delightful special touch. Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday.
~carol
So many amazing layers on your card! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!
Love your card, anything sunflower or Bees for me, thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations challenge
Love your gorgeous sunflower card, Pauline. The colors and mixed media look are so pretty with your simple card base. That die framing your image is wonderful. Thanks for playing along with Addicted to Stamps & More! Cathy ATS&M DT
Thank you for sharing with us over at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog Dt Maria
Such a beautiful and happy card :-) Thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafty Gals Corner. We hope to see you again next time. Have a wonderful day!
♥ Lena ~ DT
THANKS so much for sharing your mixed media sunflower adorned birthday card at HQCOLCB!!! I enjoyed looking at your card many times to discover all the details you layered so well together!
Post a Comment