Friday, 10 July 2026

Vintage Daisies


Hi everyone, I’m back again with another card I made using the Francoise Read for Woodware stamp set, which came with this month’s ’Creative Stamping’ magazine. (In case you missed the first one due to Blogger playing silly beggars, it’s here). I’m really loving the vintage vibe of these stamps, and so once again I used a variety of Distress colouring media. 


I die cut a grungy rectangle from a snippet of white card using the AALL & Create ‘Film Drip’ die set, and created a smooshed background using Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet and Antique Linen Distressed inks. I stamped the large focal image, then stamped again onto a separate snippet where I coloured the daisy heads with Distressed watercolour pencils and the butterfly with Elements ink, then fussy cut. I created a separate smooshed background on an offcut of card using Antique Linen and Tea Dye DI’s, then stamped the tag section of the main stamp onto it, fussy cut out and coloured the flower. I added some background stamping round the edges of the main image using small images from the magazine stamp set, inked round the edges to add depth, then attached the fussy cut tag, flower heads and butterfly. I die cut a grungy frame from a snippet of kraft card using the ‘Film Drip’ dies and matted the stamped panel onto it, then attached to a custom sized card blank. To finish I added a Tim Holtz ‘Small Talk’ sticker sentiment, a teeny fussy cut tag stamped onto a separate teeny snippet, and Glossy Accents to the flower centres.

Stamps: Woodware Fabulous Francoise;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress inks (Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet); Distress watercolour pencils (Kitsch Flamingo, Fossilized Amber, Rusty Hinge, Peeled Paint); Lavinia Elements ink (Sundance); Versafine Clair (Portobello);
Tools: AALL & Create Film Drip dies;
Other: Tim Holtz Small Talk Stickers.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Beautiful Blossoms #42 - Anything Floral Goes (4th entry)
Creative Artiste #128 - Anything Mixed Media Goes
A Cut Above (July) - Anything Goes with a Die Cut
DL.Art (July) - Anything Goes
Ellibelle’s Garden Party #17 - Anything In or From a Garden
Moving Along with the Times #191 - Use a Colouring Medium (2nd entry)
Snippets Playground #536 - Use Snippets - TOP PICK

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

17 comments:

Sarn said...

Another fabulous project with the magazine gifts. DEFINITELY going to investigate! xxx

Chris said...

Another gorgeous design with a lovely vintage look. The stamps are fabulous and perfect with the kraft and distressing- that magazine was a good buy!
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Vintage card and stamps-definitely a good buy-love the die-cut frame.
Carol x

Sarn said...

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you at the paddling pool. Xxx

Aquarius said...

The grungy rectangle die suits the image perfectly and there's lots of interest with the fussy cut layers and daisies. Love the subtle colouring too -and it shows that you are enjoying using this set of stamps which came with a recent magazine purchase. Money well spent I reckon 😉.

Vicki said...

Fabulous Pauline! I love this vintage, grungy creation. The soft coloring of the stamped images works well with the kraft paper background. The film strip and tattered rectangle dies are awesome. Thanks for sharing with A Cut Above's July Anniversary Challenge. Happy to have you play along with us.

Di said...

Wow Pauline, what a stunner! Money well spent on the magazine!
Hugs
Di xx

Deborah Wheeler said...

What a great design with the goodies from the magazine! Love the whole vintage feel of this. Thanks for playing along with us at ATSM

Donna Walls said...

A gorgeous design and I like the extra details on the flower centers. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, it's always a treat to see your work.
Donna xx
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge

Inkyfingeredcat said...

Beautiful card - great use of those stamps (I really need to get round to using this set that’s sitting on my shelf!)

Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Fiona said...

Such a pretty card Pauline - I love the vintage vibes - you've reminded me I have some of her stamps from when I was with Creative Expressions - I should dig them out and use them again. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM

Diane said...

So very beautifully creative!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms and The Sisterhood of Crafters!!
Diane BB, TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}

Pamela said...

great job coloring - thank you for sharing this card with us at Moving Along with Time - coloring

Barb Finnical said...

Pauline, I absolutely love your vintage daisy card. It has so much depth and dimension. My favorite part about it are those edges. They are so cool! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your participation!

Anita said...

Beautiful! Love the vintage look. The delicate colors work really well with the nature theme, and your distressing is really awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely card with our Anything Mixed Media Goes challenge at Creative Artiste! Anita xx

Ellibelle said...

Another beautiful card with this stamp set Pauline. Love the vintage feel of it. So pretty! And it's always great to see you at my Garden Party!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is gorgeous, love the die frame with the beautiful stamping and colouring. x