Tuesday, 7 July 2026

Fabulous Francoise


Hi everyone, even though I don’t own very many, I have always really liked stamps designed for Woodware by Francoise Read, so I was tempted when I saw that she had designed a stamp and stencil set for the cover gift with this month’s ‘Creative Stamping’ magazine. I managed to make a couple of cards with them yesterday - here is the first one.


I cut a piece of white stamping card, and created the dotted frame by blending Scorched Timber Distress Oxide through the dotty part of the Postage Frame stencil. I then placed the other stencil over the dots and blended Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distressed Inks to form the squares and rectangles. With the stencil still in place I stamped the focal image using Portobello VFC, coloured the flowers and pocket watch using DI’s and DOX’s, then trimmed the panel close to the edges of the dotty frame. 

I cut a 6.5” x 4.5” piece of white stamping card and created a smooshed background using Distressed Oxides, then covered in random background stamping from older Francoise Read stamp sets - ‘Additions’ and ‘Garden Snail’. I matted this onto a border of brown card stock, then attached the main focal panel. I stamped an Indigo Blu sentiment onto separate card, cut out, edged with brown ink and attached. Finally I stamped 2 butterflies from the magazine set onto separate card, coloured with Paprika Elements ink then cut out and attached. I matted the finished piece onto a 7” x 5” card blank.

Stamps:  Woodware Fabulous Francoise, Additions, Garden Snail; Indigo Blu sentiment;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo); Distress Oxide Inks (Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, Rustic Wilderness, Scorched Timber); Lavinia Elements ink (Paprika); Versafine Clair (Portobello, Sand Dune);
Tools: Woodware Postage Frame stencil set.

Challenges I would like to enter: 

AAA Birthday #87 - For Girls
Addicted to Stamps & More #520 - Die Cuts and/or Stencils
Crafty Calendar (July) - Happy Birthday
Daisy Chain #109 - Birthday
NBUS #88 - Use Your Never-Before-Used Schtuff
Triple B (July) - Birds, Butterflies and/or Blooms
Word Art Wednesday #758/759 - Anything Goes (4th entry)

With hindsight I think I would have coloured my image with Distress inks rather than DOX but hey, it’s done now 🥰 In any event I’m really thrilled with my latest magazine gift - the stamps are really beautiful and the stencil definitely fills a gap in my stash. I’ll be back soon with another card using this stamp set.

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

17 comments:

Diane said...

So very creative and awesome!!

Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun and Triple b!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Stencil Fun, Triple B Co-Owner

Jules said...

Hi Pauline
A great finished card .. .. .. using a fabulous cover gift!
Love your colour choices.
Must admit I am quite a fan of Woodware full stop.
Love and hugs
Jules xoxo

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and cover gift love the stamps.
carol x

Chris said...

A lovely combination of stamps, stencils and inks to create this gorgeous card. The colours are beautiful- warm and summery. i'm sure you will get plenty of use from that great cover gift.
xx

Bunny said...

I think you colored this beautifully. I've never heard of Woodware. Time to take a look. [Bunny]

Darnell said...

This should be on their next cover, Pauline! It's really an amazing showcase of the images and I love the look of the DOX! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Barb Finnical said...

Pauline, this is a lovely card! I love what you’ve done with the background and the colors are wonderful too. I also love Woodware Stamps, and truthfully, I thought they were discontinued because I don’t see them here in the US as much. I tried to search this up, but couldn’t find it. I will have to keep my eyes peeled. I’m glad you were able to find and use this. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your participation!

foleysfriend said...

Pretty card. Love the ink blending and the smooshed background panel. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Aquarius said...

Wow! that is a tempting cover gift and I love what you've made using it. I do like designs by Francoise. Great colours used as well

Chris said...

Hi Pauline, I'm back to thank you for joining in at Crafty Calendar.
x

HilaryJane said...

I have not seen the postage frame effect using stencils before. It works really well. I might have to look out for that magazine. I very rarely buy them these days. Your card is beautiful xx

Ellibelle said...

What a great gift to be included in the magazine and your card turned out so beautifully with these gorgeous stamps and how fun is that stencil!

Sarn said...

That’s a lovely card and I may just have to investigate whether that mag is still available locally! x

Jane said...

Beautifully designed and created, love it! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Inkyfingeredcat said...

Another fab card using those stamps - ok it’s going to the top of the products to use once Christmas in July is over!
Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Pauline, I found this pretty card at NBUS and I just love it! The colors you chose, your inking and layout make this a fa design. The butterflies are beautiful too!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hi Pauline, this is a gorgeous card, love the bright colours and the beautiful stamps. Love the stencil, may have to do something about that! x