Hi everyone, it’s the third Wednesday in July so it’s time for a new I Spy With My Little Eye... challenge over at Ellibelle's Corner. Thanks so much to everyone who joined in last time - please do check over on Ellie’s blog to see if you are one of our top picks.
This month it was my turn to choose the theme, which is
I Spy With My Little Eye
*** Something With Wings ***
So think birds, butterflies, bees, fairies, angels … even aeroplanes - the list is almost endless! Please don’t forget to pop over to Ellie's blog to see her fab creation and link up your entries here
Here’s my card for the challenge. I make quite a lot of cards that feature winged creatures - butterflies, dragonflies, fairies … I love them all! However I really do love bees - I think they are beautiful and endlessly fascinating creatures, so I decided to let a bee take centre stage with this gorgeous matching stamp and die set by Visible Image.
I cut a square of stamping card, and lightly blended Sundance Elements ink through a hexagon stencil I placed centrally. With this stencil still in place I then overlaid it with a honeycomb stencil and blended Sundance, Sahara and Russet Orange Elements through both stencils, going darker towards the edges. I removed the stencils and stamped some grungy AALL & Create hexagons in 2 corners. I stamped the largest VI bee onto separate card, coloured with Zig Pens, Wink of Stella gold on the body and Spectrum Noir sparkle pen on the wings, then cut out with the matching die. I stamped my sentiment onto the main panel, matted it onto black cardstock and copper glitter card then attached the die cut bee. The bee is actually quite sparkly but the photo doesn’t capture that!
Stamps: Visible Image Bee Happy; AALL & Create #383 Scripted Hexagons;
Media: Lavinia Elements inks (Sundance, Sahara, Russet Orange); Versafine Clair (Nocturne); Kuretake Zig Clean Color watercolour pens; Wink of Stella (gold); Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen (clear);
Tools: Visible Image Bee Happy die; Crafts Too hexagon stencil; Darkroom Door honeycomb stencil.
Challenges I would like to enter:
Addicted to Stamps & More #521 - Make Your Mark (2nd entry) - TOP ADDICT
Ally’s Angels #108 - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz #717 - Anything Goes - TOP 3
Crazy Is Our Fame, Stencils Are Our Game (July) - Use a Stencil (2nd entry) - TOP 3
A Cut Above (July) - Anything Goes with a Die Cut (2nd entry)
Cut It Up #360 - Create Your Own Background + a Die Cut
Dream Factory #152 - Beekeeper - TOP 3
Ellibelle’s Garden Party #17 - Anything In or From a Garden (2nd entry)
Four Seasons (July) - Summer (2nd entry)
(Inspired by the bee)
Love to Craft #93 - Anything Goes
Love to Scrap #180 - Anything Goes
Mix It Up #84 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday #760/761 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
The I Spy Challenge will end on the Sunday before the next challenge starts at 23:59 US Central Time - so this time that is Sunday August 16th, and the next challenge will begin on Wednesday August 19th.
Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,




19 comments:
A stunning card Pauline, fabulous design- the stamps are gorgeous!
xx
Absolutely loving how this turned out and your shade of yellow is so perfect! I don't have any elements inks but tempted to get these as I never seem to get the right shades of yellow for my bee themed cards.
LOVE this big bumblebee! Awesome card Pauline! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Stencil Fun & Four Seasons challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Stencil Fun Co-Owner
Four Seasons Co-Owner
Great background with the honeycomb! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up :)
Wonderful design! Beautiful stenciled background for that amazing bee image. Thanks for sharing with A Cut Above's July Anniversary Challenge. Happy to have you play along with us.
Stunning card Pauline, a beautiful design. What a fabulous bee!
Liz xx
Amazing Bee card, Pauline! Really, really wonderful!
Thanks so much for joining us at the Dream Factory Challenge!
Hugs,
Conny
A really gorgeous bee and you've chosen so well with the stamps to accompany it. Perfect for the I-spy theme too of course
Absolutely fabulous card and focal Bee, love the stencilled honeycomb background and stamped corners. I may have to stop visiting your blog-you made me order the Creative Stamping mag and now this Bee set of stamps-really lol.
Carol x
Wow I love this card. Your bee is beautiful and so glad you shared over at Crafty Catz
Great honeycomb stenciling with your bee, Pauline. Thanks for playing along with the Mark Your Mark Challenge on the Addicted to Stamps & More Blog. Cathy ATS&M DT
A stunning card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Girlz Rebel Challenge.
Ilonka DT
A smashing bee card. The VI set is wonderful and you've made a bee-utiful card with it. xxx
Fabulous card Pauline, that bee is stunning.
Avril xx
I love bumblebee cards and yours is especially beautiful!
Wonderful card design - I love all the hexagons you've managed to add into it. The bee looks delightful as well. Thank you so much for joining us at the Addicted to Stamps & More challenge!
I really like the graphic feel of your bee card. Blessings!
I love the corner hexagons, and the fab bee on the beautiful honeycomb, just so gorgeous Pauline. x
Stunning Bee-card, Pauline! Thank you so much for playing along with the Dream Factory. Rosi x
You might also be interested in this challenge blog:
The Little Things
Post a Comment