Friday 22 May 2009

Yummy!


Whilst blog hopping earlier I was looking at my great friend Samantha's blog when I noticed that she had found a new challenge .... I hopped straight over there and found good news and bad news on the new Allsorts Challenge Blog. The good news was that I really loved the challenge and there is a fab prize this week (Penny Black stamps .. my favourites !! :-) ) .. but the bad news was that the challenge ends tonight ...yikes!

So I got stuck in to Allsorts Challenge #1 - sweets. I found two sources of inspiration for this .... my cute PB stamp "Sweet Slumber", plus the fact that the postie brought me my latest order of charms from Dolls Made Up today, which included some incredibly cute choc bar charms!! So off I went ....



I coloured my image using a mixture of watercolour pencils (mouse & chocs) and Twinkling H2O's ( the chocolate box) - I even managed to incorporate sweetie H2O colours of "cherry sorbet" and "jade mint" lol! The image was cut using my label nesties, and mounted on a slightly larger layer cut from the fab new Core'dinations "whitewash" cardstock which I embossed with my Cuttlebug "Perfect Paisley" folder and then sanded to reveal the pink core. I threaded some Hobbycraft raffia lace with narrow pink & green ribbons from my stash, and also used a little bit of lace peeking out from behind the "whitewash" cardstock given to me by my friend Cathy. Flowers are a mixture of Cuddly Buddly, birthday prezzies (from Kaz) and my stash; pearl brads are by Papermania and spacers from The Hobby House. The sentiment is also by Penny Black, decorated with a couple of tiny Papermania heart gems. Paper is by Flair Designs.
Here is another angle, which gives a bit better idea of how shimmery the chocolate box is.
I have also managed to fulfil a few other challenges with this card:

2. Sketch & Stash #10 - I have followed the sketch, and used the following new items of stash - choc bar charm, flower spacer, pink flowers, core'dinations "whitewash" cardstock. ( Details of where all these are from above)
3. Charisma Cardz #20 - Flowers, Lace & Pearls
4. Dutch Dare Challenge #49 - bling-bling/glitter : can you see those tiny heart gems lol??
5. Stamptacular Sunday #7 - pink, green and brown
I have now realised that I was in such a hurry to finish this before the end of the sweetie challenge that I have forgotten my little greeting on the choc bar tag .. never mind, I can sort that out later, along with the (currently blank) inside!!
I'll be back tomorrow with my Penny Black Saturday Challenge DT card :-)

16 comments:

Joey said...

Hi Pauline, fabulous card, this is such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.x

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Pauline. I adore the image and fab charm.
Its a great take on Becky's sketch.
Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Sash nd DDCC this time.
Cathy x

Helen said...

Fab card Pauline! Love the little choccie bar charm!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Great card and glad you saw the challenge on mine! lol! love that image and cute choccy charm! :0)

Sally said...

Fantastic card. Love all that shimmer. Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz.

ribenaruby said...

Beautiful shimmer, love ths image and pretty paper Pauline!

brenda said...

Morning Pauline, lovely box of sweetmeats, well done for finding us in time. Thanks for joining in, there will be another challenge later today.

B x

Lisa said...

Hi Pauline, Gorgeous card! I love the chocolate bar charm ~ just perfect for our "sweet" challenge. Thanks for joining in with the fun at Allsorts. x

Sandra said...

Great card! I love that stamp!!

Sandra

Karin said...

Fabulous card Pauline.
Love the colours, embellishments and cute image.
Thanks for joining the DDCC this week.

xoxo karin

scotspanda said...

wow this is just gorgeous!!! the image is fabby and the details are stunning :o)

thanks for joining us on our first allasorts challenge

lotsalove

Amanda xxx

Nilla said...

This is adorable, so many sweet details! Hugs Nilla

Kirsten...x said...

Great card Pauline love the chocolate bar charm so sweet thanks for joining in the challenge hugs kirsten...x

Vee said...

Fabulous card. I love the charm really different. Great colouring of your image too. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, I love the shine on the box, so sweet!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Absolutley gorgeous! Love the sheen on the image; it looks fantastic. Beautiful papers too.
Sharon xx