Tuesday 12 May 2009

Creative Card Crew #10 - Minimal

The Creative Card Crew have been setting some brilliant challenges and have also had a blog hop going on with candy ... I have followed the clues around the DT members' blogs, and now all I have to do to be eligible for the yummy prize is complete 2 out of 3 challenges. I completed challenge #8 but alas didn't manage to do challenge #9 as I was ill all week ... but no matter - now it's time for challenge #10!


The theme of this week's challenge is minimal ... hmmm .. just how minimal are we supposed to go lol?? I used my brand new PB stamp "Fanfare" which I bought on Saturday at Port Sunlight, having been inspired by a birthday card I received last week from my lovely friend Sue. It struck me as a fairly simple and elegant design. I watercoloured the stamp with Marvey brushstroke pens and then dusted liberally with Glamour dust, as this was going to be my one and only decoration on the card. i still felt the need to use some paper, but just one simple piece. I stamped the sentiment straight onto the base card, and voila! ... no brads, flowers, feathers, ribbons, lace, gems, swirls, punches - I think I need to lie down!

Recipe:
Image: Penny Black "Fanfare"
Sentiment: Lavinia Stamps
Paper: BasicGrey "Sultry"

17 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful card Pauline! Love your new stamp...and the glamour dust looks fab!
Helen x

Kaz said...

Simply stunning!!!!! I love this minimalist look. Your card is just perfect.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Pauline this card is stunning hunny i love this floral image and those papers are so perfectly matched. perfect for our Creative card crew challenge, thank you for joining us this week and good luck, hugs Linda x

Nilla said...

Pauline, gorgeous card! hugs Nilla

brenda said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, one of my favourite PB images and the dust just brings it to life.

B xx

Joey said...

Hi Pauline, beautiful card, the florals are so pretty, love that sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.x

theneon said...

Wow -- if this is the minimalist look -- I want to get on board. This is a gorgeous card -- in fact, it is just perfection. Martha Kay

CraftyC said...

This is a lovely card Pauline and a beautiful sentiment!
Clairex

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Pauline.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

A very pretty card Pauline.

heather x x

Dawn said...

Beautiful - love that stamp and the colouring is gorgeous!

Nicola said...

Minimal it may be but Stunning is a better description of your wonderful creation.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

aardvarkpest said...

Stunning card. I love your new stamps. and the glamour dust.

Glenda

Bev said...

Stunning! I love how well the image matches the paper and the bit 'o bling is just perfect x

Tasha said...

Stunning card! Love the image and embossing and glitter - such a fabulous combination. The BG paper looks abulous with the image and the sentiment is the perfect finishing touch
Thank you for joining in the Creative Card Crew challenge
love tasha xx

Paula said...

Stunning card what a pretty image and lovely colours. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Thanks for this wonderful card Pauline. It looks amazing sat on my mantlepiece. Love the glamour dust, it finishes it off perfectly.
Sharon xx