Sunday, 14 September 2008

My first Sarah Kay Challenge


I have never previously taken part in a Sarah Kay challenge as I don't own any of the stamps (yet!) but I was recently gifted a few by my friend Cathy, so I thought I'd have a go this week, and would use the outcome as my Docrafts image swap wallet for Vonnie.
Sarah Kay Challenge #11 is a trio of papers, which I have to say is right up my street as I have developed a serious obsession for multiple co-ordinating papers on cards recently LOL!

I used: base mottled green cardstock from the Papermill shop; 3 papers by K&Co; flowers by Prima; pearl brads and small gemstone flowers (which are actually blue in daylight!) by Papermania; seintiment by ge studio; ribbon from my stash. The inside of the wallet is decorated with the same flowery stripe paper as is used immediately behind the image on the card front. I also had a go at faux stitiching as one of the papers already had some as part of the design.

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Paulkine. I love the colours and papers.
    Hugs
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Pauline, really like how you have used the ribbon.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Pauline!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the pretty papers and colours

    hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Pauline, those papers are stunning. I'm a bit thick today, not really sure what you mean on my blog, are you asking what I use to colour with? I used Prismacolours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card i love it. You asked on cupcake about the clock. looks like lauren has moved it down the sidebar a bit but at the moment it's between 'sponsor us' and 'fill out our questionaire'. lauren livs in Adelaide australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! just love that bow.
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pauline
    This card arrived in the post today and is even more gorgeous in real life!! I honestly thought you had stitched the card - fantastic effect. It's gonna take me weeks to create anything like for you - thank you so much and the images are wonderful too. Better find me glue and thinking cap ..... xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!! I love your selection of patterned paper!! Great layout and your image is colored in so pretty!! Thanks for playing along and hope to see more of you :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Pauline. Your stitching looks so real.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is just the most beautiful card--thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pauline this is just gorgeous. I love the colours and those pearl brads are so tempting (one of the few things I don't possess ...yet!)
    Btw - your tagged - pop over to my blog for the rules.
    love
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful...I need to check out the papers....but the whole thing is really, really lovely XXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is soooo pretty! I love these papers and your big bow is just beautiful! bx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking, and for taking the time to leave a comment - I really appreciate it.
Pauline x