Friday 12 September 2008

Basic Grey Challenge #1 - Buttons


I love BasicGrey papers and am currently coveting some of their new stamps, so I was thrilled to spot the new BasicGrey Challenge , where the first challenge is to make anything with the theme of buttons. I am only just getting into buttons but I bought some yesterday from the market, so after a rummage through my paper holder I was set to go!

I love this BasicGrey "Gypsy" (or "Romani") paper called Archangel; and I based the whole card around that. The stylised flower topper is one of the new Cuttlebug cut'n'emboss sets, coloured with glimmer chalks and decorated wtih Papermania gemstones. The sentiment is a diecut from the same set. The centre strip is my first attempt with Core-dinations paper, embossed wtih my Cuttlebug and sanded to reveal the core. last but not least I chose three co-ordinating buttons and tied them up with a narrow dotty ribbon from my stash.

This card is for my friend Christine who starts a new job on Monday - hope it all goes well!

8 comments:

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Wow! Well, I'm Christine and I'm starting a new job a WEEK on Monday!!! How spooky is that? lol ;o)

Loving the card.. pretty colours.

Thanks for joining in with the first Basic Grey Challenge this week. Hope you'll be joining us again soon!

Chris xx

Cathy said...

Wow! Fantastic card again. I love what you are doing with these embossing folders. Love the papers too.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Jo Nevill said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for joining us in our challenge this week. We hope to see you back again soon.

Jo x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Pauline
What a beautiful card.
Hugs Linda x

Helen said...

Gorgeous! This paper is one of my favourites too!
Helen x

Daisy Chain said...

Wow fantastic card. Love the embossing, it really sets those papers off well. Great colour scheme. Hope you'll join in the next one.

Love Debbie xx

Hazel said...

Beautiful card - I so love these papers.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Gorgeous card. I love the way youve used the pastel tones on this one.
Sharon