Thursday 28 August 2008

Kerry's blog candy competition



Kerry has got herself a right fabulous Load of Old Pickle and is celebrating 10,000 hits by hosting a brilliant blog candy competition - closing tomorrow 29/8. All she requires you to do is to link to her blog candy and to create a crafty project using her favourite craft essential - ribbon.

Well, when it comes to making cards using ribbon I don't need asking twice LOL! Last week I made my first Christmas card that used multiple new Chrimbo ribbons I'd bought, and I was so pleased with the effect I thought I'd make another using a different colour scheme! .... after all, if you can't use multi-ribbons in a ribbon competition, when can you?? So I got out pack of Papermania ribbon I bought last year but never opened (!) and got busy. Here is the result - hope you like it !
I used: main image Penny Black "Holly Jolly" coloured with watercolour pencils and Twinkling H2O's; Papermania ribbons; paper and glitter card from my stash; E-Z Rub on sentiment and holly; Dovecraft corner holly punch.

8 comments:

pickle said...

Fabulous!!
Thanks for taking part in my little challenge and good luck.
kerry x

Linda said...

lovely card, see you are from Liverpool, I am to. linda x

Lexxie said...

Hi Pauline,

Firstly let me say what a FAB blog you have and really love your cards. I too am a BIG Penny Black fan so I think we have a lot in common!

Secondly, thank you for stopping off at my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. I'm the same as you, I'm not keen on the images with no real face as such-I like to create a little character. I've already got quite a few more images already sketched-just got to find the time to make cards with them and the post them on my blog (not enough hours in the daY!!")

Will drop by again soon,

Love Sarita xxx

Vicki said...

Hiya Pauline,

What a lovely card and the different ribbons look great and such a cute image too, well done for starting your Christmas cards, it will soon be here before we know it...lol!!!

Thank you for the lovely comments you've left on my blog recently. In answer to your question, yes it was Tim Holtz distress ink pads I used. I either swipe the pad across a plastic surface, then pick the colour up with my water brush or for a more intense colour I simply dab my water brush directly onto the ink pad and use it that way. Hope that is of some help to you. Have a lovely weekend xx vicki xx

tracie said...

Hi Pauline, oh wow very cute - I love this little kitty. Gorgeous work hun, love all the ribbons. Thanks for your lovely comments.
Have a great weekend
hugs
Tracie :)x

Jo said...

Hi pauline, hope you are well :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.
I do love this card of yours, isn't that kitty one of THE cutest eh? I love it, and it does seem a shame to cut those yummy ribbons, but they really complete the card. fab work! Good luck with the blog candy comp!
Jo xx

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card - I love this image and the ribbons.
I am resisting the need to makje Christmas cards at the mo ..well at least unitl after Beth's birthday!!
Hugs
Cathy xx

cats whiskers said...

Best of luck this is a brilliant card, what beautiful ribbons
Hugs Jacqui x