Tuesday 26 August 2008

Double whammy ... and a birthday


Whilst making a birthday card for my crafting friend Shaz whose birthday is on Saturday, I constructed it in such a way as to fit with two of this week's challenges: Papertake Weekly is A Stitch in Time (to use stitching on the card), and Arty Girlz Challenge #49 is Summer - so here we see hedgy relaxing in a deckchair in the middle of a summer garden full of flowers!
I used: main image and sentiments by Penny Black - image coloured with watercolour pencils and Twinkling H2O's with the daisy decoupaged; papers by Melissa Frances; flower by Prima; pearl brad and gemstones by Papermania. Iridescent card panel is embossed with my Cuttlebug.

19 comments:

Deborah March said...

Aaaawww, so cute!

Sue said...

such a lovely card,lovely soft colours and cute:)

sue
xx

Sammie said...

Doesn't stitching make a beautiful frame. Do you stitch the frame before or after you create the image? I am intrigued because I keep changing my mind over which works best. If I do my image first I can spoil lots of hard work with a wonky frame and vice versa. What's your technique?

Sue said...

Pauline, this is really so pretty, I love everything about it.

Sue no 2!!!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

What a pretty card. Wish the weather was nice enough to be sitting in a deckchair relaxing, like Hedgy!

Ethel Amutan said...

Very cute! I wish it was me sitting in that chair, though! LOL!

~Emma~ said...

Pauline this is so lovely...one of my favourite PB images. Thanks so much as well for the kind message you left me. It was much appreciated. Big hugs Em.x

Mandy said...

Love all the detail on this card, looks really fab!

Mandy

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card, she will love it!
Clairex

Bev said...

Oh wow! Love this card - it's just brilliant

hugs Bev x

Crissi Harvey said...

Beautiful card Pauline i love how you have turned the paper over and used the flower to hold it.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi & Julie xx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh fabby card. Kimx

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card for the challenge and congrats on the double whammy.
Such a cute image and doesn't he look comfy in his deckchair
Love
kath
xxxx

RubyMay said...

what a great card...and hedgehog looks so cute !

LOUISE said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, love the hedgehog! Louise x

Unknown said...

Wow wonderful card!
Jx

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow this is beautiful love the layout and that cute image, great card
Hugs Jacqui x

Helen said...

Fab card! I love the stitching, and the way you've tucked the sentiment under the corner fold!
Helen x

Desain-in said...

so pretty!