Saturday 29 December 2012

Five Favourite Christmas Cards of 2012

Good evening everyone .... I noticed that the lovely Debby is doing her fab annual tradition of asking us all to look back over the cards we have made this year and select our 5 favourites.


I think there  have been some really fabulous Christmas stamps, papers and embellishments around this year, and I've really enjoyed making my cards even though I was really soooo last minute with approx half of them. So here are a few favourites with a sentence or so for each one to try to explain why ....


This one was for my mum & dad;and I always love to put a lot of effort into their card. I adore this cute LotV stamp, and was pleased with my attempt to make a little scene with my trees and fence diecuts as well as managing to incorporate LOTS of my favourite flowers ... sprigs ... berries ... (I could go on!) This card was originally posted here.


Dear Snowy by Penny Black is one of my all-time favourite stamps, and it was a joy to dress him up in new colours to go with the fab LotV kraft papers, and also incorporate some stunning Memory Box Chrimbo dies which were another of my favourite things this year! (Originally posted here).


I won this PB stamp a long time ago and thought I didn't like it, until I idly stamped it onto a piece of card one day .. then I could suddenly see the possibilities for making a scene with some "depth". Not my usual style but I was quite happy with how this one turned out. (Originally posted here).


Another gorgeous Memory Box die, with some Penny Black script stamping in the background. Again fairly simple, but this card was well received :-)  (Originally posted here).


This C5 card really incorporates LOTS of EVERYTHING I love ... adorable LotV image & sentiment, fab LotV papers, dies, lace, big bow and a whole bouquet of flowers and berries. It's fair to say I could hardly get this one into the padded envelope!! This image was pretty intricate and hence of a bit of a challenge for me to colour, but very satisfying when done! (Originally posted here).

It was quite tough to choose just 5 - there were definitely at least a couple more I would really have liked to include - but 5 is 5 so that's it done now!

Don't know if I'll get any crafting done over the  next couple of days ....  but if not I'll be back on  new Year's Eve with my Favourite Cards overall for the year.
Hugs

6 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful selection of Christmas Cards, no way can I choose a favourite cos each one is so gorgeous.
Thank you for joining My Favourite Christmas Cards.
luv
Debby

Purplecat 64 said...

Hi Pauline,
What a lovely colection of cards all unique and wonderfully done,
hugs
Heather & Bronwyn x x

Uma said...

some fantastic cards there, well done x

Tanya said...

These are all fantastic Pauline! Really gorgeous, I love the blue, white and red on the last one, and the scene one with the trees - they're all beautiful :)

Tags xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Selection Pauline! LOVE snowy I have a real soft spot for him! thanks for your message too! hugs me xx

Jennifer said...

A beautiful selection of cards, Pauline, but you know what I think of that magical moonlit trees one don't you - Stunning!!!!!

Hugs,
Jennifer. x