Thursday 11 November 2010

Going Gothic!

And now for something completely different, as they say .....


Usually my cards fall into either one (or both) of two very distinct styles ... cute or pastel floral ... but it occurred to me that was never really going to cut it when making a birthday card for the lady who sits opposite me at work ... because she is a goth! I think she would probably be quite happy with a card in my usual styles as she does compliment them when I take them to work to photograph in daylight, but clearly it's not really where her heart lies.

So I decided to exit my comfort zone and enter the Twilight Zone, with an arty image, scripty writing and plenty of black, silver and a dash of red (eek!)

Now I didn't really think this card would be suitable for any blog challenges, but as luck would have it a couple of appropriate challenges have popped up with perfect timing :-)

Cute Card Thursday #138 - Anything Goes
Lili of the Valley #73 - Anything Goes & Blog Hop ...

I actually feel extremely naughty entering the LotV challenge with a non-LotV card ... but hey!! the special rules (for one week only) allow it, and seeing as my previous 4 cards were all LotV I can't be accused of not pulling my weight in the LotV fan stakes. And OMG what a set of prizes ... I totally NEED those stamps lol!! Truth is I will probably also sneak in a LotV card before the week is over ;-)

Recipe:
Main image: Stampington "Pressed Profile" (C8408), heat embossed with detail silver onto black/silver card;
Sentiment: Penny Black;
Paper: Anita's "Classic Black Christmas";
Supplies: silver and black pearls from The Hobby house; silver lace from Bunny Zoe's Crafts; red gems from my stash;
Tools: Martha Stewart "eyelet lace" edge punch.

That's all for now ... I've been working really long hours this week so I'm totally shattered and ready to flop down with a cup of tea!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Pauline this is something totally different from you! Never seen you make anything quite like this one! Awesome job! Samantha :0)

Mephisto said...

Really great card and a fantstic idea hun!
Thanks for joining in the LotV Challenge this week.

Hugs
Domi

Anonymous said...

WOW Pauline! Totally different style for you and I think your friend at work will really appreciate how you've made this especailly for her. Fab!! x

Devlin said...

This is absolutely awesome!!
Soooo beautiful and classy.
And the cup of tea is a splendid idea. Need one myself as well..... so i'll put the kettle up then. ;)

Helen said...

This is gorgeous Pauline - really elegant!
Helen x

Kaz said...

Ooooh very different ...... but totally fab. Bet your friend will love it.
Kaz xx

Tasha said...

Love this card, the design is really beautiful. Fabulous embossing too
love tasha xx

Julie said...

Fantastic card! Just beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

Annie said...

thank you for joining in with our anything goes challenge on CCT!
hugs, annie x