Tuesday 26 October 2010

Papertake Weekly GDT card ... and a dee-ZAR-stah!

Hello and welcome to another Papertake Weekly Challenge, where I'm lucky enough to have reached week 2 of my stay as a guest designer. Thanks to everyone who entered last week - check out the main challenge blog to see if you have won the WOJ stamp!

This week we have another fab challenge theme for you ...

Sparkly & Bright

Now I'm sure most most of you will love this one - it certainly worked for me, and got me feeling all Christmassy (which can't be a bad thing as the Big Day is now less than 2 months away!) In fact I tried to go for a whole variety of sparkly and shiny effects .... glamour dust on ted's hat and snowflakes; glitter card for my snowflakes and greeting; silver gems; blue paper with glittered effect; and white paper with shiny self-coloured snowflake pattern (not very easy to see in the photograph).

I couldn't resist using my brand new LotV "James Bear" stamp, which I was lucky enough to be able to choose following my win on the LotV challenge a couple of weeks ago. I totally adore these bears - their faces are just so lovable!

The way James is standing in a shower of snow kinda reminded me of a snow globe for some reason, so it fitted in very nicely with this week's Just Cute Bears #38 sketch by my fab bloggy friend Helen - cos that kinda reminded me of a snow globe too!!
Recipe:
Main image: Lili of the Valley "James Bear - In the Snow" coloured with Promarkers and decorated with glamour dust;
Sentiment: peel off from my stash;
Papers: from my stash;
Supplies: ribbon and silver gems from my stash;
Tools: large classic circles nestabilities; "Fancy Tags" shapeabilities; Martha Stewart "Arctic Snowflake" punch and "Embossed Snowflake" edge punch.

But before I get on to the rest of my challenge entries with this card, I must admit that I had a bit of a dee-ZAR-stah with it (as Craig Revill Horwood would say). Due to various circumstances I was a bit last minute making my card, so I had to take it to work to photograph in daylight before bringing the camera home to load my photo onto the PC ... so I was already in the last chance saloon photography-wise. However I noticed that I had somehow put a mark onto the matting circle ... I think I must have scratched my face in "thoughful work mode" and put some makeup onto my fingers - oops! But that wasn't the worst of it ... my attempts to clean it off with a soft tissue and pencil rubber just took part of the surface off the card !! :-(

Something tells me that whoever eventually receives this card will be overwhelmed by the abundance of punched snowflake shapes around teddy lol, but for now this is as good as it gets ;-)

Other challenges I would like to enter:

Lili of the Valley #70 - Winter Fun
Fussy & Fancy #22 - Winter Wonderland
Crafty Pad #94 - Christmas
Delighful - It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
Wee Memories #28 - Cute Holidays
Totally Gorjuss #53 - Sparkle
Frosted Designs - Die-Cuts
Spoon Full of Sugar #127 - Let's Get Punchy
Teddy Stampers #22 - Anything Goes
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #90 - Anything Goes but Buttons and Bows

Hope you will be able to join in with this week's PTW challenge - don't forget to check out the other DT members' fabby creations for more inspiration.

31 comments:

Mary's Creatieve verslavings Blog said...

Woooowwww this is super cute.
Coloring is perfect! I love the colors and glitters.
Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges,

Mary

Debbie said...

Hi Pauline - gorgeous card and lovely detail you have added. :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

ribenaruby said...

Wow Pauline, this bear is cute and congratulations on your fab win! Gorgeous emebellishments, loved reading your post!

Anonymous said...

Your cards gorgeous, that bear is too sweet...I can't wait to go to the NEC next week to pick some LOTV images

Thanks for the inspiration
x
Vicky

Barb Craft said...

I seriously love all the bling on this card!! Your little bear image is too cute!! Thanks for taking on our die cut challenge at Frosted Designs this week!!
Barb :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Pauline :-) I love this bear ,, soo cute and the papers and snowflakes are fab ,, aww ,, what a shame you put a fingerprint on it ,, I wouldn't have noticed until you pointed it out ,,, but at least it is in a spot where another punched snowflake would look good :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Anonymous said...

Hi Pauline,
This is just so gorgeous and all the sparkly bits have photographed well. I love the buckle thingy (senior moment, what's it really called?) with the greeting on. Is it a Nestie? xx

sandra said...

So beautiful!
Perfect coloring!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Sharon Caudle said...

Pauline, this card is beautiful!!! Love the colors and all the sparkly goodness! And that bear is just TDF!! Your work is fabulous!
hugs, Sharon

Helen said...

Awww...such a cute card Pauline...love your new LotV stamp!
Lol...my sketch does kind of look like a snowglobe!
Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears & Friends!
Helen x

Kaz said...

Totally gorgeous Pauline! I love the effect you get with colouring the ted in greys (must give this a go) and it's teamed so beautifully with blue. LOVE IT!
Kaz xx

Cherie said...

Hi Pauline, Another favourite LOTV ted he's so adorable. Love your card your colouring is awesome gorgeous paper too.
Thanks for playing along with Teddy Stampers, hope you can join us for our next one... It's our birthday blog hop.,whoohoo.
hugs cherie

Little K Smith said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, adore this bear and love how you've coloured him. Fab sparkly frame for the sentiment too!
Kelly.x

Crystal said...

GORGEOUS! I love love love the little bear. This color combination is my absolute favorite for winter/Christmas time. Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs!

Kat said...

This is beautiful Pauline. Love how you've interpreted Helen's sketch and all that lovely bling. Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears & Friends and Totally Gorjuss.

Kat x

Tami G said...

coloring is amazing.. love it.

martina's kaartjes said...

This is very pretty !! love all of it, the papers, colors, coloring,
great job !
greetings, martina
x

Sharon said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Pauline, thanks for sharing with us at Teddy Stampers. Anyone receiving this card will just LOVE it! hugs Sharon

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute, fabulous card Pauline.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

So beautiful card Pauline,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Linda said...

Love your card Pauline it feels lovely and frosty love Linda

cats whiskers said...

What a stunner dear, thanks for entering LOTV with such a beautiful card
Hugs
Jacqui xx

Tasha said...

Such a stunning card Pauline, fabulous layout and all the sparkle is perfect
love tasha xx

Laurel said...

Gorgeous, thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fabulous card. Love your coloring. Thank you for playing with us at Wee Memories! :)

Sarah said...

Really sweet card, your colouring is amazing and it's a great colour combo. I can see what you mean about it looking like he's in a snowglobe too!
Thank you for joining us at Just Cute Bears & Friends.

Sarah xx :0)

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful and adorable! Great card with the no buttons and bows challenge! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love the sparkling snowflake. What a beautiful design and adorable image!

My name is Wynneth said...

A truly stunning card, I too am a huge fan of LOTV and this James Bear is on my wish list! Thanks for playing along with us on Just Cute Bears.
hugs
wynneth
x

Juanita said...

Cute card, love the sparkle and image. Thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy.

Annie said...

what a cute card! thanks for joining in with us on the Just Cute Bears challenge.
hugs, annie x