Sunday 8 November 2009

Popcorn & cupcake


Just a quick post from me this evening .... please excuse the dodgy photo but I spent the whole afternoon with several cards on the go at once, and by the time anything came together it was already dark! I could have waited until tomorrow I guess, but I wanted to post this card as it is just skidding in by the seat of its pants to the deadline for Cupcake Craft Challenge #64, which is the following sketch.


I inked up my Popcorn Christmas bears for the first time today ... really gorgeous but boy, are they big! This does have one advantage though when trying to make a few Christmas cards, insomuch as there isn't a lot of room left on the card for too much other fancy work (that's my excuse anyway lol!)

I would also like to enter this card for Allsorts #26 - bring out your bling - I hope you can see the sparkle on the bear's hat and the glitter card snowflake ;-)

Recipe:
Main image & sentiment: Popcorn the bear "Beary Merry Christmas" - bears and surrounding musical notes. Bears coloured with watercolour pencils and doecorated with polar white Flowersoft and glamour dust.
Paper: Kaisercraft; "ice gold" pearlised white card from
Edwin Allen;
Supplies: sparkly red brad by Doodlebug; spacer from my stash;
Tools: Cuttlebug "embossed snowflakes" folder; Martha Stewart "Arctic Snowflake" punch.


Gotta go now and get sorted for the working week ahead .. no rest for the wicked, so they say!

11 comments:

Helen said...

Awww....such a sweet card...those bears are so cute! :0)
Helen x

Caryn said...

Glad you made it in time, fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Crafts.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

cats whiskers said...

Wow this is just stunning dear what a fantastic colour scheme and love your colouring of Popcorn
Hugs Jacqui x

debby4000 said...

Adorable card, love the sweet Popcorn image and fab colours.
luv
Debby

Silli said...

This is so cute Pauline! Hugs Silke

brenda said...

Hi Pauline

I certainy can see the sparke, great card and I really do love this colourway for Christmas.

Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Just beautiful love that sweet image and great colouring

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

pickle said...

Aww this is adorable xx

Gro said...

Beautiful card
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

A lovely card.

Great image and layout - and lovely sparkly bit!!!

Thank you for joining in my challenge with Allsorts - I hope you enjoyed it.

Love Jules xx

Debbie said...

This is so sweet pauline, I just love the cute Popcorn image and tha papers and snowflakes are gorgeous. Debbie x