Thursday 2 July 2009

Friday Sketchers #58 - cool when it's hot!


Yesterday must have been the hottest day of the year so far, so when I saw the fabulous sketch over at this week's Friday Sketchers #58, what did I do ?? That's right ... I made a Christmas card! Not sure why ... the sketch just kinda struck me that way!

I used one or two new items from my stash ... I have had the cute hedgie for some time but not inked him up until now; and last week I bought a new MS embossed snowflake punch, as I figured if I got in early I could get one before the Christmas rush lol!

Recipe:
Main image: Penny Black "Fur collared", watercoloured and decorated with diamond Stickles;
Sentiment: Stamps Away;
Papers: BasicGrey "Wassail";
Supplies: flowers and star from Prima Christmas bubble; charm from Dolls Made Up; fancy edging punched with Martha Stewart "embossed snowflake" edge punch.

Hope you're enjoying the fab weather - take care in the heat!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lurve this card Pauline! Super sweet hedgie and your new snowflake border looks fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole

Cathy said...

Cute card Pauline, isn't that hedgie a sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Nicola said...

Loving your hedgie and fab colouring Pauline and the lovely glittery top of his stocking. Your new snowflake punch is gorgeous as are your pretty papers.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

mckinkle said...

A beautiful card Pauline! Love the colours.
Keryn :D
btw: everytime I try to open your blog I get thrown off! It does however always let me on the 2nd time! Very odd! This happens to 2 blogs that I follow and its always the same 2! Maybe you have the best security system?!

stephanne said...

That's a nice change of pace, as it has been squelching hot where I live for weeks now. Kinda wishin' I was hedgie right about now. Very cute card, love the stickles on the stocking and that punch is precious.
Stephanie

stephanne said...

That's a nice change of pace, as it has been squelching hot where I live for weeks now. Kinda wishin' I was hedgie right about now. Very cute card, love the stickles on the stocking and that punch is precious.
Stephanie

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Pauline,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Tammi said...

Cute image and card, love the color on the poinsettia!

MarkerGeek said...

This is fabulous Pauline!

BTW you might want to pop over to my blog... ;)

Helen said...

Fab card - I love that hedgie....and your new punch looks great!
I'm glad I'm not the only one mad enough to be making Christmas cards in this heatwave! lol
Helen x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh so pretty, do love the fabby star. Kim

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is a fabulous card - I love the layout, the colours, the punched borders, and of course the gorgeous PB image. Superb!
Love, Sylvia x