Saturday 21 April 2012

Penny Black Saturday Challenge #198


Good morning all, the weekend is here so I hope you'll be able to join us for this week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge. It was great to see all your fabulous spotty and stripy creations last week.

11:50 - Just came on here and found my correctly scheduled post for 8am hadn't published - naughty Mr Blogger!!

I'd like to give a special wave to Jennifer who entered her first ever challenge this week and it was the PBSC - woo hoo!! Jennifer is a new  blogger but an experienced cardmaker (whose cards are gorgeous, by the way) and she wrote me a couple of lovely emails asking a little advice about blogging, and said some really kind words about my blog and cards :-) So hope we'll be seeing more of your creations soon hun :-)

This week we have another fab challenge theme for you ...

No Patterned Papers

As usual the only rules are that you should submit a new piece of work that follows the theme, and that it should feature a Penny Black image, large sentiment or stickeroo as its main focus.

This week's prize for a randomly drawn winner is from Craftwork Cards, and is the Sweet Pea Collection "Peas In A Pod Pad" which contains 24 sheets of paper, 2 sheets of die cut flowers, 2 sheets of nesting sentiments and 4 sheets of embossed squares - lovely!



Don't forget to check out the gorgeous cards from the rest of the DT - here's what I did.


When faced with a "no patterned papers" theme I always seem to resort to dry embossing; but this time I thought I would jazz it up a bit by introducing a large die cut ... in this case my brand new Marianne D die (I have wanted this one for ages but my local craft shop had got it into stock so i just couldn't (and didn't) resist!!)


Stamp: Penny  Black "Christmas Critters" transparent set;
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers; Stickles on meece's gloves and lantern;
Supplies: sparkly silver ribbon and gems from my stash;
Tools: small, large and lacy circle nestabilities; Marianne D "lamp and sign" dies; Cuttlebug "snowflakes" embossing folder.


Challenges:


Whimsy #35 - Punches or Die Cuts
Paper Sundaes #116 - Anything Goes

I'm due to go on a hen night tonight for one of my workmates - strangely the first one I have ever been to! So I guess I'll be spending most of this afternoon getting ready, and possibly some portion of tomorrow recovering. Otherwise (and if the weather holds) I'm hoping to go to see the cool Titanic-inspired street theatre that is on in Liverpool this weekend called Sea Odyssey which features the 30 foot high "little girl giant" searching to be reunited with her giant uncle who has trawled the sea for 100 years to return the letter she sent to her father who was lost .... soooo sad but an amazing spectacle!


(photo reproduced from Liverpool Echo, April 20 2012)


Have a great weekend whatever you've got planned, and hope you can join us for this week's challenge.
 

17 comments:

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, love the cute image and gorgeous embossing. Hope you get some pics if you see the Little Girl - it looks totally amazing. Have a lovely day. Hugs, claire x

martina's kaartjes said...

hi pauline, lovely christmascard !
and yes, the little girl giant was here in belgium, antwerp last summer too. Together with the father giant and the little boy giant ! very impressive !! enjoy !
greetings, martina
x

Jennifer said...

Your card, Pauline, is soooo gorgeous! You are getting a good head start for Christmas.

Thank you ever so much for your lovely kind words in your blog text, with the link.

Hope you enjoy both your outings this weekend.

Warmest,
Jennifer. x

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous Pauline :) I love this colour combo on Christmas cards, it's so pretty :) That image is too cute as well! I love that lamp-post too, I must invest :P

Tags xx

Beth said...

Oh this is so sweet Pauline, I love how you've filled the little lattern with yellow! Have fun on the Hen Do!

Love Beth xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Pauline,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Charlene said...

What a wonderful card , love the colors you used ,very soft and elegant. Your image is super cute. Thank you for entering your card and playing along with us at Whimsy this week

Anonymous said...

Hi Pauline,
A gorgeous Christmas card. I love cards without DPs and never used to use them at all - now it feels difficult not to! Hope I get time to enter the challenge.

I've just got home after going to see the puppets - absolutely amazing!!
xxx

Hazel said...

Fab Christmas card Pauline - I so must get started on mine - I keep saying it I just dont do it!

Have a great weekend.

Be back to see you soon.

Toodle pip.

Hazel x

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous and adorable card Pauline.
luv
Debby

Zippy said...

Lovely card hun and adore the image. Fab colours too. Luv Zippy xxx

Lorraine said...

This is a gorgeous christmas card Pauline. I love the colours and that image is soo cute! Hope you had a good time on the hen night.
lorraine x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous I love your take on the sketch, thank you so much for joining us this time at Die-ing for a challenge, hugs Pops x

Uma said...

beautiful card, lovely die cutting

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Happy crafting Ginny X

Scrapmate said...

What a sweet card & that die is fab.

Bev said...

Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Die-ing for a challenge this month x